Battlefield 4

Don't think they buffed the DMRs twice.

Update is rolling out for PC right now.

The list of changes in the link does include the line I quoted.

Yeah but that's a PS4 list, couldve been just implemented for consoles

PS4 version is unplayable sometimes. Last night the lag made me turn the console off.
They still haven't fixed the 'no sound at start of match'

PS4 version is unplayable sometimes. Last night the lag made me turn the console off.

The no sound for 10-15 seconds at the start I can live with, but the lag in 64 man CQ is still so bad that it is barely playable (playing on a 20/2 mbit wired connection). In general the games with 32 players or less seem far less laggy.

I don't mind the DMR having more damage, but their rate of fire should be way lower. Therefore they might play more like a WW2 rifle and the spamming would stop, more skillz needed to suceed with them.

I don't mind the DMR having more damage, but their rate of fire should be way lower. Therefore they might play more like a WW2 rifle and the spamming would stop, more skillz needed to suceed with them.
The insane spam fest is what is driving me nuts. I played some tdm(my faulf I know) and it had to be the tip of the iceberg. I saw 4 friendlies camping with dmrs, near 4 more aiming at a similar amou t of hostile dmrs.

DMRs don't seem a problem to me at all. ARs and carbines still outgun them easily.

The sound is a bit annoying, would be nice to have a different one to the bolt-actions.

You kidding DICE?

The no sound for 10-15 seconds at the start I can live with

I'm pretty sure that isn't a bug but rather it's asynchronous loading, i.e. it allows you to get into the game and start playing sooner while things continue to load in the background as they are needed.

I have been thinking to buy this game for the PC.

Two questions:

1. How well this game run on my laptop: (Win 8.1. Core i73630QM @ 2.4 GHz, 2 GB NVIDIA 650M, 8 GB RAM)
2. Are the bugs mostly fixed and the game is playable without ripping your head apart?

Does this have the same destruction of Bad Company 2? I love the whole balance in BC2, but think the destruction elementary. How does it compare?!

1. How well this game run on my laptop: (Win 8.1. Core i73630QM @ 2.4 GHz, 2 GB NVIDIA 650M, 8 GB RAM)
2. Are the bugs mostly fixed and the game is playable without ripping your head apart?

1. Well-ish, unless you want to go all out, the demands aren't too bad.
2. There is still a tonne of annoying shit, bugs, imbalances, strange design. This wouldn't be too bad, if DICE didn't prove that they are not capable of properly fixing things. Don't expect headache-free gaming, ever.

Does this have the same destruction of Bad Company 2? I love the whole balance in BC2, but think the destruction elementary. How does it compare?!

Destruction is about the same as BF3, nothing like the destruction of BC2.

Tried it out again after the patch was released. Nothing really has changed, the small fixes don't really do it for me. Don't know why I always try to pick this game up again.

Anyway, question - is it a bug or supposed to be like this that you don't see the enemy shooting (mostly tanks) on your minimap? It seems like sometimes it works, sometimes not ...

Anyway, question - is it a bug or supposed to be like this that you don't see the enemy shooting (mostly tanks) on your minimap? It seems like sometimes it works, sometimes not ...

Don't they have to be very close or spotted?

Yeah that seems how it works. In BF3 it didn't matter how far away the enemy was, as long it was shooting, it was always on the minimap. Why did DICE change it?

It's just annoying when a tank shoots in the background, you think it might be a friendly one aaand you're dead.
Because it's fucking hard to spot a tank for most the people as it seems. When it's a huge vehicle I never understood how hard it is just to look at it for a split second and press q.

Last edited: