Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Same as Bry, since it's started up again here's mine.

bPChaos

hehe, i just unlocked the tracer dart and watched some detail videos, seems like a good way for the engineer to gain points

hehe, i just unlocked the tracer dart and watched some detail videos, seems like a good way for the engineer to gain points

One of these days I'll figure out how that thing works... until then, I just camped on one of those stationary rocket launchers for a while and killed the enemy tank 3 times, as well as a few other miscellaneous pedestrians and vehicles :D

Nowhere in the game does it ever tell you that to lock on to a tracer dart you grab your RPG or M2CG and stare at the tracer square marker thing (aim directly at it or it won't work) for a couple seconds until a distance to target shows up underneath the marker. Then fire away safely from behind a hill/rock/whatever!

Also, I guess I need to turn tooltips off to get rid of the persistant "reload" glitch. Pisses me off. It goes away if you hit escape, but I just finally looked it up and it's a tooltip, so turning tool tips off would get rid of it... and arm/disarm, enter, pickup messages...

Nowhere in the game does it ever tell you that to lock on to a tracer dart you grab your RPG or M2CG and stare at the tracer square marker thing (aim directly at it or it won't work) for a couple seconds until a distance to target shows up underneath the marker. Then fire away safely from behind a hill/rock/whatever!

Also, I guess I need to turn tooltips off to get rid of the persistant "reload" glitch. Pisses me off. It goes away if you hit escape, but I just finally looked it up and it's a tooltip, so turning tool tips off would get rid of it... and arm/disarm, enter, pickup messages...

Yeah, just get that lock, then you can quickly point at the sky (in the wrong direction even) and most of the time it'll hit it's target.

Why does it take SOOO long to download...

[edit] I assume he meant the last update [/edit]

because you're downloading I think it's 2.3 gigs or so... so yeah... even if you don't plan on buying Vietnam (anyone who hasn't really should, it's awesome) you still need all the content because... well I don't really know.

Last edited:
the game is like 5.something gb, and 8 orso unpacked, and yeah, vietnam is included so you can just unlock and play

Anyone else having problems with your stats loading? I'm pretty sure my stats are being recorded, since I'm still getting stars on weapons, but they just aren't being updated in my soldier profile. Its damn annoying, I like to review my ownage after I'm done playing for the day dammit!

if that happens to me a a quick logout/login refreshes it. the stats server has been on the blink since mid december, EA constantly is trying to fix it, but i guess with all the new steam sales and holiday gaming it's backing up

Highlight of last match - I forget the name of the map but it's Conquest with three bases in a large, open, hilly, grassy area. I'm running over a hill towards a base when I see two helicopters collide right above me. Both fall from the sky right in front, one explodes the other doesn't. I shoot the pilot out of the intact copter with my pistol and get in. It's severely damaged so I fly it above an enemy base and bail out. I parachute directly onto a tank that is being repaired, then use it to kill the guy repairing it as well as the other 4-5 guys in the base.

Definitely the most fun moment I've had in the game so far :lol:

So I played quite a bit today, and I have to say: Leveling and unlocking does take some time...
Also, I started out by playing the main game and not Vietnam. In a few games I didn't even suck that hard! I seem to get a bad ping, though. The server browser says: you got 55 and in game it always says something from 120-140...

That's normal, because the browser shows server response, and the in game is true ping, initially it's frustrating to level, but once you unlock better guns and kit, you can fly, and always assist assist assist, you gain huge points for spots, motion mines, heals, ammo supply, even if you wing the guy with a bullet you get points for kill assist.

One thing I found amazing about the game: I played all afternoon, and I never played the same map twice. Apart from Conquest back an forth... How many maps are there???
I searched and added some of you guys, maybe we can play together for a bit...

One thing I found amazing about the game: I played all afternoon, and I never played the same map twice. Apart from Conquest back an forth... How many maps are there???

There's a lot, is all I know. I just started back playing again and am really loving the new huge maps. Finally places where you can take advantage of the sniper rifles. I'm also loving that you can add scopes to the high-level weapons. I can be a sniping medic with a scoped M14. Or an engineer with a decent assault rifle in the G3.

I should add my name to the list. My ingame name is Stiggles

there are 14 maps in total, although 3 of them are conquest only.

Highlight of last match - I forget the name of the map but it's Conquest with three bases in a large, open, hilly, grassy area. I'm running over a hill towards a base when I see two helicopters collide right above me. Both fall from the sky right in front, one explodes the other doesn't. I shoot the pilot out of the intact copter with my pistol and get in. It's severely damaged so I fly it above an enemy base and bail out. I parachute directly onto a tank that is being repaired, then use it to kill the guy repairing it as well as the other 4-5 guys in the base.

Definitely the most fun moment I've had in the game so far :lol:

Stuff like that is what Battlefield games are all about :D

Sniping the pilot or door gunners out of a flying helicopter is damn satisfying as well. As is killing two enemies with one shot. I've done all of those things over my last few rounds :D