Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Can't argue with that, but it got annoying in MW1 and BF2142 where guys would do it a lot to make you not kill them...It doesn't bother me at all seems like the game is full of win:

Dedicated Servers
Large Maps
Destructive Environment
Vehicles
Lots of Guns
An actual high scores/stat tracker if they do what was included in 2142
Also 10hours of single player hell yes!

BETA Details:

Beta Begins/Ends: Jan 28th/Feb 25th

Map Name : Port Valdez

Players : 32

Game Mode : Rush

Environment : Snow

Theme : Vehicle and Infantry

Back Story :
The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

Anti Cheat: We're going with PunkBuster supporting the same options BF2 and BF2142 had to run unranked without PunkBuster.

Mod Tools: There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.
Public Server Files: We will not distribute these publicly. There are many factors for why we have decided this with the biggest factor being security & integrity of our game & Dedicated Servers.

Last edited:
Preordering on amazon, and some others or singing up for it on their website a couple of days ago..

DICE dislikes you. Begone.

yay @ thread :p

i ordered through steam and now i'm too stupid to find out how to get a) my beta key and b) my betabetabeta...

to be honest, i don't REALLY care that much because my PC is too slow anyways :lol: gotta go buy a new one before i can play...

Wow, I registered for the Beta the last 30 mins it was possible and just got an email, telling me I'm in.
I'm psyched to try it out... The german site says you can start downloading around 6 pm in my timezone, just when I get off work and start the weekend.

Can't wait. BC1 had some pretty insane sound effects, and it looks like it all returns :)

http://electronicgamers.net/bfbc2/

COUNT DOWN LESS THAN 2 HOURS TILL IT'S LIVE! :D!!!

DICE <3

Btw maybe we should get a little get together when the game is live online? My EA name is TehBauer good gun in 2142 :D

EDIT: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOO97Lc6pI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
looks like steam-ordererererers don't get any sort of beta key.
instead, the BFBC2-beta should just pop up under "my games" some time... late as usual :mad:

every site that they linked for DL is getting raped atm, any that load show as at max connections for download.

:cry:

Steam is telling me the servers are too busy.....argh!!!! :(

EDIT:

Finally working now after about the 10th try :)

Last edited:
OK, I got the download through Steam, but no key. I guess an admin from Steam said they are working to get them out ASAP, but would've been nice if they issued them this morning before the downloads even started.