Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I don't think this will happen at launch, but the Beta has been highly anticipated.

Downloaded the files off rapidshare just finished extracting! :)

OK, I got the download through Steam, but no key. I guess an admin from Steam said they are working to get them out ASAP, but would've been nice if they issued them this morning before the downloads even started.

yup, somehow the steam people screwed up.
it's like they realized just now: "oops, our bucket of keys is empty, meh, what now then?"
gotta wait now :? ah well who cares my download is rather tortoisy speedwise anyway...

Steam servers are getting raped right now. I'm hovering between 0 and 50kbps. They should have done preloads.

strange, i'm on 250KB/s here...

My key shows up in Steam now if I right click and go to view key. Had to restart steam to see it.

My key shows up in Steam now if I right click and go to view key. Had to restart steam to see it.

awesome. never expected them to fix it this quickly... :blink:
meh... gotta wait another hour for the stupid DL anyway :p

update: works without restarting steam, incredible

Last edited:
I did the thing to try to get a key, we'll see if I actually get one but methinks I'm a couple hours too late. And TBH, this beta is mostly just marketting, making people get preorders and junk while giving the consoles the exact same everything and calling it a demo.

No shit, DICE disliked everyone who modded bf2.

heh, well, I did give up on modding BF2 because the engine's so horrible... so... yeah. BUT, DICE themselves are cool guys. A little while after I left my mod team and while I was still hanging out with them (nowadays all the old guys are gone so it's dead to me) DICE sent us an invitation for a couple guys to come to Stockholm and show off our mod. The DICE crew loved it, the guys who went had fun, everyone wins.

Last edited:
don't know if its been mentioned but i've just seen that a multiplayer demo is available for downloading on XBox Live. Don't know if there's a version on the PlayStation Store.

heh, well, I did give up on modding BF2 because the engine's so horrible... so... yeah. BUT, DICE themselves are cool guys. A little while after I left my mod team and while I was still hanging out with them (nowadays all the old guys are gone so it's dead to me) DICE sent us an invitation for a couple guys to come to Stockholm and show off our mod. The DICE crew loved it, the guys who went had fun, everyone wins.

Woot! Another BF2 modder! What mod did you work on?
I was part of the OPK team for quite some time, if that rings any bells. :p

I need a new video card!

And try to join a server without PB because everyone was getting kicked by PB every 10 seconds. Hopefully they get that resolved soon.

I think the matchmaking service needs work... the games I've joined all had players with such disgracefully high pings that it was unplayable. But when it works it's awesome.

Now I just need to find my copy of Battlefield Vietnam to unlock the Garand.

Woot! Another BF2 modder! What mod did you work on?
I was part of the OPK team for quite some time, if that rings any bells. :p

First Strike, which we ended up moving over to 2142. At launch half the textures were by me, mostly because I was the only texture artist for a long time.

Operation Peacekeeper? I dunno, name's familiar but otherwise I'm totally fuzzy on that.

also, I got key from twitter (full disclosure, my brother got me a key from twitter :p )

Damn, FS was after my time when I had already abandoned BF2... although I remember seeing the first updates, and I loved Galactic Conquest for '42 (was FS actually affiliated with GC, or was it 'just' a spiritual successor?).

Operation Peacekeeper? I dunno, name's familiar but otherwise I'm totally fuzzy on that.

Yeah, the mod never gained that much popularity outside of Germany... and to add insult to inury, PoE totally ripped us off when they changed their scenario for BF2! Those bloody :censored: :p

Last edited:
My in game is TehBauer add me :)

Just unlocked the second sniper rifle, but damn it's a lagg fest...

Last edited:
I'm pretty jealous of you guys that have been able to play, this has been my experience so far.

Nearly impossible to find room in a server. Then half the time I try to connect, it says there are connection problems. Then half the time I go to the server browser the game crashes. When I finally do get in a game, the lag is so bad its completely impossible to play.

So after an hour of trying, I've yet to actually play the game.

Hopefully we get a patch tomorrow to fix the server/lagg issues. So far I like it a lot more than MW2 the maps are bigger, and you can roam a lot more freely and actually enjoy game play.

Spit I've only played about 3 games, but I'm telling you once you get a game you'll love it! :)

Anyone want to have a FinalGear squad?

Last edited:
I'm in. Haven't played yet, no connection possible right now, it seems.
Also: The key I won by registering with them was spent on an ingame registration that didn't work. Nice. MW2 never had that ;-)
A coule of hours later I found a link to some site giving away keys. That worked. I'm "An4lpirat". Funny name? The version without the 4 wouldn't register with the game... Some sort of protection I guess. All my usual names were already taken, so I HAD to take drastic measures.

I added Mr Devil. My name is Ramseus.

I can't get in a game right now, server browser's broken and play now tells me that connection to the server has been lost (wtf? I didn't even get connected in the first place?).

Last edited:
:) Added you should get a request from TehBauer :)

I used the server tab on the lower right and got into a game so I'd try that :)! Already unlocked the 3rd sniper rifle and will be private 2nd class :D!!!