Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Hey, whadayaknow! Can't try it now though, gotta go eat.

I'm having trouble registering my BF2142 name on [the below URL]... I could've sworn it was Ramseus. with the . on the end because I screwed up on reserving my name and ended up using a different email address than what my CD key is associated with and now I'm rambling.

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

heh, well, I did give up on modding BF2 because the engine's so horrible... so... yeah. BUT, DICE themselves are cool guys. A little while after I left my mod team and while I was still hanging out with them (nowadays all the old guys are gone so it's dead to me) DICE sent us an invitation for a couple guys to come to Stockholm and show off our mod. The DICE crew loved it, the guys who went had fun, everyone wins.

First Strike was lucky, other mods were not. :)

Yeah, the mod never gained that much popularity outside of Germany... and to add insult to inury, PoE totally ripped us off when they changed their scenario for BF2! Those bloody :censored: :p

! We did no such thing, we just did everything better! :D

Last edited:
So I actually got into playable games.

And DAMN sniping is great! I think it's the best sniping in any game I've played. Hella fun.

It also feels like good old battlefield. I wish I could get some time in the helicopters, but they are pretty hard to grab. It's unfortunate we can't start a lan game to try stuff without interference.

Something is weird with the graphics though. Even on all high settings with 4x anisotropic filtering, the textures on buildings and such are quite...griitty? muddy? In all it doesn't look nearly as crisp as seen in the videos.

Overall though it is certainly great. I can't wait for the lag to get worked out and more overall optimization. No regrets on the preorder.

BTW, my ingame name is SpitfireMK461.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what the hardcore mode will be like in the full version.

Scuse me? Do you mean the 4v4 mode? If not, then... :rolleyes:

I played a while. Me rikey. If you have a bad team, though, it's awful. DEFEND THE CRATES OMFG. STOP RUNNING STRAIGHT AT THEM AND DYING IN THE SAME SPOT EVERY TIME. You know.

Something is weird with the graphics though. Even on all high settings with 4x anisotropic filtering, the textures on buildings and such are quite...griitty? muddy? In all it doesn't look nearly as crisp as seen in the videos.

i actually think that might be the beta thing....
the beta being only 1,5GB and the final game (according to minimum system spec) shoudl eat some 15GB so 10times as much. I don't think you can actually reduce the size of the game by that much, just by leaving out nearly all the maps and some vehicles.
so i think the textures are actually reduced in quality / size, so the beta only weighs 1,5GB, something like that. :?

PUNKBUSTER ISSUES:
if you constantly get kicked by PB, saying it wasn't able to start something or other, i read on steam forums that killing off x-fire helps.
i had the same problem without using x-fire, then decided to shut down skype and it worked perfectly.
if you don't have either, maybe just try killing off random stuff you don't really need (i dunno, other messengers maybe? ... my miranda (ICQ/MSN/Jabber) doesn't interfere btw).

Last edited:
In some religions and believes hell is actually a cold place with only a few fires for special torment. So the scenario of satan using ice skates isn't as unlikely as one might think ;)

well you certainly learn something new everyday... :D

Well i played 25 seconds of it and i'm not impressed: even while running at 70 fps on medium settings, it was running extremely laggy, the movement speed is way to slow, and it generally feels like a console game.

I played a match this morning, 8vs8 (I thought it would be more???) and it was ok. Quite fun, but I got a serious ass kicking! I wanna play it some more, though...

PB and Xfire haven't mixed well ever since it transpired that hax could be run from the Xfire client, it was supposed to have been fixed about a year ago though :blink:

DICE said during the Ps3 beta that they reduce the texture quality to keep the filesize lower.

Well i played 25 seconds of it and i'm not impressed: even while running at 70 fps on medium settings, it was running extremely laggy, the movement speed is way to slow, and it generally feels like a console game.

B
E
T
A

jeebus people of course its going to have bugs and issues... For me after about 6:30pm EST time the lag started to die down and finally got 5 hours of straight awesomeness

BC 1 was good for single play if a little shallow and abit too fast, MW1 and MW2 have much better stories for instance

but the multiplayer was where i had a lot of fun....only problem was that it wore thin pretty quick and a week later the game ended up in some shops second hand section in exchange for something else

from the videos, this looks like more of the same to me:dunno:

Last edited: