Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I was defending an MCOM station and a whole squad and a half were trying to disarm it. I knifed 4 of them and threw a nade before one of them noticed me and knifed me back. The nade got another one or two of them though. :lmao:

I hate when someone tk's me when disarming...

Sorry, I meant I was defending an MCOM charge. :oops: I was killing guys on the other team who were trying to disarm my team's planted bomb.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant I was defending an MCOM charge. :oops: I was killing guys on the other team who were trying to disarm my team's planted bomb.

I know. I love doing that, but I hate being on the receiving end of friendly fire when your disarming your MCOM on defense...

Yes, :ninja: is the only way of BFBC2 :D

I'm sad cause I can't get the "All Weapon Bronze Stars" award. It took me so long to get the bronze star on the SPAS-12. But I do have almost every bronze star... just need to get the transport one. Now to aim for silver on everything.

i love the spas-12. its amazing if you play hardcore and put both of the shotgun perks on it. you can out snipe people sitting a long ways away.

but on the subject of all bronze stars, no matter how many kills i get with the M1A1 Thompson, it doesn't track any kills or bullets fired. anyone else have that problem?

i love the spas-12. its amazing if you play hardcore and put both of the shotgun perks on it. you can out snipe people sitting a long ways away.

but on the subject of all bronze stars, no matter how many kills i get with the M1A1 Thompson, it doesn't track any kills or bullets fired. anyone else have that problem?

Nope, but I'm on PC.

... when defusing a charge i SO often get SNIPED by my own team. wtf -.-

also: i'd like to do the "all bronze" thing as well, but somehow i want a platinum star first :p [3 golds to go with M60]

At least you guys have friendly fire on. All servers i've played on here have FF off!! I want it on damnit!

FF on in rush is a recipe for disaster. Yes, I've played a billion hours of BF2 where only stupid servers have FF off, but rush (at least in pubs) with FF just never ends well. Like when a teammate rolls a grenade under your feet while you're disarming a charge - congrats, you single handedly lost the game for us!

But if you really want FF, the servers with it on usually have (FF=on) in the title.

FF on in rush is a recipe for disaster. Yes, I've played a billion hours of BF2 where only stupid servers have FF off, but rush (at least in pubs) with FF just never ends well. Like when a teammate rolls a grenade under your feet while you're disarming a charge - congrats, you single handedly lost the game for us!

Yes FF on Public BC2 servers isn't such a good idea. Especially since the server settings aren't displayed properly and usually you find out the hard way that FF is on when you just killed one of your team mates. But then there are enough team and squad mates that, when you are firing, don't walk behind you but in front of you, directly into your line of fire.

For some reason, at least for me, the fun seems to be gone :( I had another bad evening full of bad games. I joined at least half a dozen servers and always ended up in the loosing team. Now I don't mind loosing if the game is still somewhat balanced and I certainly don't quite easily but every game I joined was way off balance with a very strong enemy team, with at least one of them probably setting a new record for taking all the mcoms on Arica Harbor in such a short time. And some of the little things start to annoy me more and more, first of all the server browser. It's still not working properly and I have to hit "cancel" after a while to see at least some of the servers. Then there are only very little filter options and the server settings aren't displayed properly (or in most cases: not displayed at all). But even the little options there are won't get saved and neither will the server list. If you switch to "favourite servers" and back to "server list" all the servers are gone (which wouldn't be such a big deal if the search would work properly). There is no way to filter for hardcore/non hardcore servers, and neither a possibility to look for servers with say only 8 players or servers with at least 24 players. Then the kit configuration isn't saved (I usually play different kits and it's annoying to configure them all again on a new server), which is fine when you have only a couple of weapons and no specs available but after you unlocked everything it gets tiresome to select the weapons and specs again every time you join a server.
Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great game, but somehow it's not that much fun anymore. I should probably take a break for a couple of days...

ha. got my BC2 sig working.

also, the m416 is boss as fuck. i dont have it unlocked yet but picked one up and went to to get a 7 kill streak in about a minute.

Honestly I prefer FF off. Too many noobs diving onto my grenades or shooting through me to hit an enemy.

Honestly I prefer FF off. Too many noobs diving onto my grenades or shooting through me to hit an enemy.

i play hardcore servers only, so there always is FF on...
but just now i encountered one stupid idiot who just wouldnt stop bazooka'ing our own helicoptres... that kind of stuff is just annoying!
shooting people through other people or grenades... well i say that's just bad luck that is, but it can get mightily annoying as well, i'll give you that :p

I'm not a big fan of hardcore, but I've only played it a little.

And some of the little things start to annoy me more and more, first of all the server browser. It's still not working properly and I have to hit "cancel" after a while to see at least some of the servers. Then there are only very little filter options and the server settings aren't displayed properly (or in most cases: not displayed at all). But even the little options there are won't get saved and neither will the server list. If you switch to "favourite servers" and back to "server list" all the servers are gone (which wouldn't be such a big deal if the search would work properly). There is no way to filter for hardcore/non hardcore servers, and neither a possibility to look for servers with say only 8 players or servers with at least 24 players.

Searching for a server is the fastest way to get around this, but you need to know name of the server or type in common letters that local servers might use (example: australian servers will use AU). Note that search is case sensitive (which is daft) and after typing in what you were searching for click the search button, do not press enter.