Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I don't think the gun itself is bad, its that damn 4x scope that I want.

somehow i think the 4x scope is utterly useless undless used with the g3 or m14. with all other assault rifles / SMGs it's red dot for me, there's just too much movement going on with 4x.

I got my brother to buy BFBC2 and he is officially addicted.
PLayed for 5 hours straight on the first night. :lol:

4x scope has a learning curve, it's not that easy as 4x == easy aim, 4x is mainly best for single shot rifles like the m14 or bursting with assault over a good range, it is utterly useless on most maps unless you're the sort of person who sits in one place, who usually gets killed. the only time i use 4x is sniper hunting and rush spotting when i dont want to recon

It's ironsights or 4x for me, I don't regularly use the red dot. I've gotten fairly used to the 4x so maybe that's why, as I use it on nearly everything.

I find the 4x very good when you want to be a sniper yet not have to resort to the pistol when combat gets too close. It instantly makes most the rifles useful for running and gunning.

Unless you are sniping, you want the red dot or nothing at all. You have a mouse for a reason -- you don't need a scope. Just press Q and line 'er up! :p

I don't like 4x scopes. The one game I've played where they were useable was america's army, and that's because it took up the whole screen, not a tiny bit of the screen. I just find that you can barely see anything through it since it's so small. Red dot leaves your peripheral unobstructed and you can use it up close, and I can still outsnipe a sniper with a red dot and AN94 while he has a 12x scope, so meh.

The iron sights on most of the guns are fine for me. I don't like the red dot that much because it completely blocks targets that are far away, and I like being able to humiliate people from a distance with an assault rifle or SMG.

I've played BC2 for over 520 hours and i still play it almost every day. I love it and can't wait for BF3. :)

The iron sights on most of the guns are fine for me. I don't like the red dot that much because it completely blocks targets that are far away, and I like being able to humiliate people from a distance with an assault rifle or SMG.

Press Q, then aim for the red triangle instead. :p

Spamming Q is a good way to get extra points too.

Since I've got most pins I'm just playing around with some guns I've never used before. My goodness the Neostead is almost too powerful with the shotgun upgrades.
My favorite guns in the game are actually the M1 Garand and the G3.

By the way, I either use the red dot or just the iron sights. I find the red dot especially useful for the SMG's.

Press Q, then aim for the red triangle instead. :p

Spamming Q is a good way to get extra points too.

Heh, I mostly use Q for pinpointing enemies that are shooting at me from behind plants or smoke, or that are too far away to see very well. I do like me some good spot assist points as well. :p

Now that I've recently acquired both red dot and 4x, I like the red dot better. I tend to just do assault class to support my snipers and medics, so a red dot on an AUG has gotten me some decent scores. I'm obsessed with the 24/7 Isla Innocentes Squad Deathmatch servers. With 16 players it gets hectic.

I can still outsnipe a sniper with a red dot and AN94 while he has a 12x scope, so meh.
12x scope is a great way to spot a noob. Even more so if they also have magnum ammo.

12x scope is a great way to spot a noob. Even more so if they also have magnum ammo.

erm... care to elaborate?

i play hardcore, so i need magnum ammo in case i do miss the head to still one-shot people... plus with 12x scope i dont miss out on any other useful upgrade and it does help with long distance...

It makes sense on HC. But there is too many people using it in normal mode too. You will need two shots to the body or one to the head regardless if you have magnum or not. The only advantage magnum gives to a bolt action is that you can one shot a bit further close up, but if you are trying to do that it makes no sense to have a 12x scope. And 12x scope is pretty pointless on it's own too, because you can shoot just as far with the regular scope, or even with a red dot, but I guess it again makes more sense in HC where you can't spot people and you have to actually see the person you are shooting.

Last edited:
To each his own. I find the 4x scope just about unplayable unless it's on an M14, the same way I've grown used to the 12x scope and I rarely use iron sights, 9 out of 10 times I'm going for the red dot. I just don't get people complaining about certain weapons being noobish. The weapons are there to kill, if you get killed by something you consider a noob weapon well then a noob killed your l33t arse. :)

I have no problems in blowing people up with a CG(annoying as it is being on the receiving end of it) or an An94(though I prefer the 416). People take gaming way too seriously.
*By "you" I'm not aiming this at any particular person.

Last edited:
Just for clarification I didn't mean 12x is noobish like many people think CG is noobish. I meant that it looks good on paper, but actually it's not that great. Thus people who are new to the game (or haven't thought it through) take it and think it will help them, but it will actually makes things harder for them and make those players less useful for the team as a whole.

It's much the same with M95. It's the slowest firing and reloading of all the bolt actions. And the only benefit of being that you do extra 5 dmg to the body, which means you still have to shoot twice or to the head, and you can do measly 5 dmg per shot to light and flying vehicles. Still a lot of people use it because they have never read the real stats of the weapons.

PS. I don't like the 4x scope either. But it isn't because of the magnification, I just don't know how to use the ^ thing. The same reason why I don't like using the SV98 sniper, even though it is actually better than GOL for example.

Last edited: