Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Shooting down choppers with the tank main gun is one of those satisfying things i love doing, that and taking out other tanks across half the map, also today i was playing around with mg36 + 4x, really really useful on heavy metal if you have enough engineers around and don't want to recon, you can revive and heal them and still be effective over medium long range.

I find everything but alternate fire useless to me, since everything else can be accounted for by playing a bit different but if you see infantry and you've just fired a shell, that can save you big time, and you can still use it over the whole map. tracers can be hidden from mostly. and if you hit the underside of a tank, that's a one hit kill, good for those pesky drivers that sit on hills, that or aim for the rear, i usually am able to kill them like that or exit quick and fire a rokkit at them right after a shell

Lacking alt fire sucks, especially when you want to take out a chopper, but I usually just F2 and hop into my gunner seat to do it. Works well enough.

A good round for me. Sorry for the craptastic pic. My comp would not take a screenshot.

2011-07-01_15-07-08_274.jpg

did you buy it off steam? just F12

Had some good games today, played some with tim0r, platinumed the m416, stabbed around 30 people and hit level 39 aww yeah \o/

I was just banned from a server for having an M14 hack. WTF? I don't even know how to use a hack. Guess I killed a mod too many times with it.

dont worry, i was kicked from several servers for sniping people out of choppers, apparently they dont believe it's possible :p

The M14 is a very nice rifle to use and many people who dont use it think youre using a bot, first weapon i platinumed since it was so good

Last edited:
I am finally picking up the pace!
Getting in the 500-700 points range each game!

I've been at rank 30 for 2 months now. I'm barely playing the game at the moment. Looks like I'll need to invest a few days in a heavy metal map with an Apache or a Havoc

I don't know what it is with me and tanks in games, I just suck at them. horribly. Even in Red Orchestra, which is about as different from BF gameplay as you can get.

if you learn to use the horizon bars and distance markers it's quite easy, also aim for the rear of the tanks, armour is weaker there on the rear 1/4 and the rear itself, if you hit the underside of a tank, instakill, another thing which got me kicked cause the admins are noobs :lol: I would suggest stick to engineer and pull the quick fire trick, if you know your tank is about to go, fire a last ditch round at the other tank, get out and rpg him, most of the time that will get him before he gets you, that or tag him with the tracer and when you spawn again just rpg him till you get him, you also get tracer assist points.

Good hints Blayde. Thanks!

Heh, live and learn. I found some new ways of getting in to places that people would not expect someone to attack from.
This resulted in 21/3. Me like. :D

Last edited:
Optics on tanks on Heavy Metal rapes... haha. It's like artillery but better.

It was so satisfying when I took down a helicopter with an unguided RPG. :)
The other pilot was not happy when I sneaked behind him with an UAV and shot him down. :mrgreen:
He even said "I was taken down by a fucking UAV?!?"

It was so satisfying when I took down a helicopter with an unguided RPG. :)
The other pilot was not happy when I sneaked behind him with an UAV and shot him down. :mrgreen:
He even said "I was taken down by a fucking UAV?!?"

Yeah, using the alt fire on a helicopter is great, but even more fun is using it's rocket. Crazy hard to do though. :lol:

Yeah, using the alt fire on a helicopter is great, but even more fun is using it's rocket. Crazy hard to do though. :lol:

What do you mean?
Alt fire?