Battlefield: Bad Company 2

All weapons have the same drop.

all the weapons should be subject to gravity, thus having the same sort of acceleration downwards.
however, are you very sure all bullets travel at the same velocity? i for one, am not. this should be the reason different weapons do actually have a different amount of drop at the same distance...

I think I saw a guy once doing emperic tests of the bulletdrop, and tbey did actually turn out to be the same for all the snipers except the VSS that dosen't have drop at all (can't remember if they changed that). I think what makes the drop seem different is the different scope markings. As i recall the GOL dosen't have mil-dots. There might be some vids on yuotube showing it. Basicly it comes down to which scope markings you like the best...

I think I saw a guy once doing emperic tests of the bulletdrop, and tbey did actually turn out to be the same for all the snipers except the VSS that dosen't have drop at all (can't remember if they changed that). I think what makes the drop seem different is the different scope markings. As i recall the GOL dosen't have mil-dots. There might be some vids on yuotube showing it. Basicly it comes down to which scope markings you like the best...

yeah that might be it... the way the optics are different could actually create quite a nice illusion of a difference. never thought about it much, just trusted the game to actually have different bullet-drop :p

all the weapons should be subject to gravity, thus having the same sort of acceleration downwards.
however, are you very sure all bullets travel at the same velocity? i for one, am not. this should be the reason different weapons do actually have a different amount of drop at the same distance...
All bullets have the same velocity too. Rockets have different speeds which makes them fall sooner. The only thing that doesn't have bullet drop is the tracer pistol.

The amount of zoom the scope gives throws many people off which is why for example the "slugs have no drop" rumor is so persistent. Here is the proof video:

Last edited:
A 2.6GB patch is out: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...patch-for-pc-to-be-released-on-wednesday.aspx

What is the patch about?

Its main goal is to address stability problems with the game and performance issues. It is not intended to address game logic fixes.

You are being vague. Exact changelist please!

Removed some memory leaks
Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
Minor performance enhancements
Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory

How large is the patch?

It is approximately 2.6GB.

That's huge man. Given that size, I would expect dinosaur survival mode to be included.

The patch itself contains all previous patches rolled into one. While it would have been technically possible to create a smaller patch for those who have Client R10 installed already, that would have delayed the release of the patch even further - so we thought it better to release a larger patch now, than a smaller patch sometime in the future.

Are there any known problems with it?

If your Windows username contains non-English characters (such as ?, ?, etc) then PunkBuster will not activate properly. To work around this, ensure that your Windows username uses only characters from the English character set. In other words, "7-bit ASCII only, please". We caught this at the very end of the validation pass, and decided that it was better to deliver the build to the public than to give it another tour through the whole patch generation and validation process.

Last edited:
I don't see why the patch needs to be 1.5gb large.

it's 2,6 and it is this large because they wanted to include all prior patches:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/ said:
The patch itself contains all previous patches rolled into one. While it would have been technically possible to create a smaller patch for those who have Client R10 installed already, that would have delayed the release of the patch even further - so we thought it better to release a larger patch now, than a smaller patch sometime in the future.

However they did mention dinosaur survival mode. Maybe that will lead to something in the future?

How fucking retarded can people be? I spot one of my squadmates is an assault and I was a recon with no more bullets and type in squad chat "Ammo?". Nothing. I move around him, knife him, shoot my pistol at him. I write "Ammo?" again. Nothing. Anyway, I keep following him, he gets knifed, I knife his killer, pick up my squadmate's kit, drop an ammo box and pick up my recon kit again. The fuck? Some people have no idea of what a team is.

if you press Q at an assault it pings them for ammo with an ammo symbol above you, same works for medic and engineer depending on situation, keep bugging them till they drop

if you press Q at an assault it pings them for ammo with an ammo symbol above you, same works for medic and engineer depending on situation, keep bugging them till they drop

I know that. I just forgot to say I did it 10 times before what I wrote above.