BBC America to air TopGear

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
4:3.

I had my dad (55 years old)watching it last night and he was loving every minute of it. Before I'd have to convert the shows to DVD to get him to watch them on a rare occasion.

You guys that are doing nothing but whining about it, I have a suggestion...

Don't watch it, don't tell anyone at all to watch it. Encourage those who do watch it to not out of protest. This'll show the BBC that we don't want a neutered TG!
4unyjd4.gif

Last edited:

pfrocker

I love this introduction, "The following program contains British accents. If you don't understand what bloody hell we are talking about, please turn on your closed captioning" or something like that

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
:lmao:

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
I love this introduction, "The following program contains British accents. If you don't understand what bloody hell we are talking about, please turn on your closed captioning" or something like that

Hah, that's brilliant.

imanmc

i saw it on bbc america it was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
ufortunatly they didn't do da news:cry:
still better than nothin

m5_dude

I can also confirm, I have BBC America here on Cox Cable in New Orleans, La. and we will be having full episodes, nothing cut!

(unfortunately I will be in Jackson, MS. when they finally air so..oh well :( )

LoneWolf

My guess is it's gonna be pretty much like UKTV here in blightey: the most annoying edits, ad's cutting in at the worst possible moments and the shittiest music replacing the original soundtrack.

My advice to all you yanks, stick to the torrents ;)

pfrocker

My guess is it's gonna be pretty much like UKTV here in blightey: the most annoying edits, ad's cutting in at the worst possible moments and the shittiest music replacing the original soundtrack.

We will:), it's just nice to watch old Top Gear episodes on TV resolution while we wait for the new episodes on October.

On a side note, I don't think they changed the music it sounded the same to me.

thedguy

Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)

Thats pretty much what it's like. As long as the UK gets it sooner, I'll be grabbing torrents. But as others have said, it's nice to be able to kick on the tube and watch a little TG and be able to tell people to watch the show.

ViperVX

Are Ratings for BBC America avaible? Wud be nice to see how TG did in "burgertown".

LoneWolf

Thats pretty much what it's like. As long as the UK gets it sooner, I'll be grabbing torrents. But as others have said, it's nice to be able to kick on the tube and watch a little TG and be able to tell people to watch the show.

Have to admit, as much as I hate the UKTV version of TG, I still watch it, as any TG is better then none, so I wouldn't blame any of you guys for wanting to watch the BBC America versions.

Although over the past yeah BBC Three have started airing full re-runs of various TG ep's (BBC3 is also ad free), so that's my weekly dose of TG until the new series starts. :D

LoneWolf

On a side note, I don't think they changed the music it sounded the same to me.

Consider yourself lucky then. UKTV have a knack for editing out the best music and replacing it with the gayest tunes they can find.

thedguy

Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
The thing that I don't understand with the music is...why? Licensing issue's perhaps?

Edit: At which case there is not a damned thing that can be done about it, short of shell out more money.

Last edited:

Ice_warmer

all Top Gear episodes shown outside the uk are bad, there's no news segment, some funny things are cut out, the songs are changed, but high bit rate makes it slightly more enjoyable, compared to what you cand find on the net.

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
There is a bit of editing, but why should they broadcast news from last summer that doesnt apply to us anyway? The music seems the same as well, i think i quite like the BBCA topgear.

pfrocker

There is a bit of editing, but why should they broadcast news from last summer that doesnt apply to us anyway? The music seems the same as well, i think i quite like the BBCA topgear.

you got a point there about the news, hope when the new episodes come they would show the news

Masternate2071

Car(s)
'95 Geo Metro Hatchback
So as I make my plans to move out of America, they decide to air it here. Ugh, that is irriating. Still, even if I stayed, I don't know if its worth getting cable just for one show.

How do those in the Netherlands watch Top Gear, thats most likley where I will be. That or Australia.