BBC America to air TopGear

Gah, I need cable / sat. :(

They should probably get rid of the Star in Liana segment, except when someone super duper famous is on. It sometimes really drags the show down.

Yeah I know several people who fast forward through it. But even though I don't know who have the people are, sometimes they can be very entertaining.

All I can say is, it's about flippin' time, even IF I've seen it all through YouTube and the like.

Is BBC america a channel of its own, or something that comes on? Because for BBC news, that just comes on for an hour over here, not a channel of its own.

It's a channel of it's own, along with an on demand section on cable.

I'm hoping they stick full Top Gear eps on the on demand menu!

Does BBC America have ads?

If so, you're probably getting the same version as we get on SBS. They cut one of the smaller, more insignificant reviews/parts, bit of the news, and most music (stuff they couldn't get permission for) is edited.

Think BBC Prime Season 1 + 2 rips.

I dunno if there's ads or not, but there will for sure be guest stars.

Yeah, obviously. The SBS version with ads has the stars segment too.

Does BBC America have ads?

If so, you're probably getting the same version as we get on SBS. They cut one of the smaller, more insignificant reviews/parts, bit of the news, and most music (stuff they couldn't get permission for) is edited.

Think BBC Prime Season 1 + 2 rips.

Now that I think about it, there are ads. However, I don't think it is all the time. Maybe they will make an exception for the greatest show on earth.

Yes, BBC America does have ads so we will be losing something.

:mouse:

Celebration?

Yes, BBC America does have ads. It is operated by Discovery Communications (the same people that do Discovery Channel).

I also noticed that Autoblog has linked to us as the source of this news.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/09/bbc-america-to-air-full-top-gear-episodes-for-seaon-8/

While I'm glad they are finally showing it on US TV, it's in a different tier of my cable company services, so i'm not going to bother with the hell that is calling them to get a tier added (cause knowing my luck, they'll charge me 4x the actual cost, and break all my other channels while they're at it).

I'll probably add it later when I get a TivoHD since they'll have already broken my service adding cablecards to it.

Does anybody actually get BBC America? I'm glad they're going to be the full eps, it's about damn time too.\

I get it but it's buried in the 100s of my digital cable system, above the analog channels and below the HDTV channels.

For those with Directv it's channel 264. I'm gonna be setting up all the tivo/mythtv boxes in my house :thumbsup:

My bet is that they will show the copies that they show on the UKTV cable channels here. Got ads but has star in reasonable. ... and news too. They do chop it a bit tho'.