BBC America to air TopGear

I almost wish I havn't seen every episode a dozen times. Perhaps the reviews are fine chopped up its just we know something is missing. :rolleyes:

I was watching BBC America and just saw that they will bring BBC America HD channel in 2008! WOO HOO Top Gear in HD!

Depends on which service you have. If you have DirecTV, great, they usually update their HD channels.

With Comcast its like pulling teeth to get more HD channels, maybe they'll offer it by 2012. :rolleyes:

Also, the only Top Gear shot in HD was the Polar Special, so unless they just broadcast in widescreen it wont make much of a difference.

Depends on which service you have. If you have DirecTV, great, they usually update their HD channels.

With Comcast its like pulling teeth to get more HD channels, maybe they'll offer it by 2012. :rolleyes:

Also, the only Top Gear shot in HD was the Polar Special, so unless they just broadcast in widescreen it wont make much of a difference.
Ya, I have Comcast, can't believe how little HD channels there are. But you can't beat on demand, that thing is awesome.

Ya I really want them to Show the Polar Special here in HD. Plus I heard that Top Gear will start broadcasting HD episodes more often in the future, will see.

Just started watching, I too have comcast, and iam very happy. This monday on BBC America, is season 9 episode 1, for those who may have missed it, and I dont think anyone did.:)

I'm surprised they're showing series 9, I know they need to show some current stuff but they're keeping people from some great television.

Then again maybe they want to show more "cocking about" than anything. :barf:

I'm surprised they're showing series 9, I know they need to show some current stuff but they're keeping people from some great television.

Then again maybe they want to show more "cocking about" than anything. :barf:

Yeah, exactly. Besides the edited versions are always a bit, um, light on content. But cocking about is entertaining regardless of meaty content.

Hey, are they gonna show season 10 as soon as season 9 is over? I'd really like to see it on my TV!

And did anyone catch tonights eppy? Brilliant!

when are they finally gonna put TG on other BBC channels? they shld just have BB2 on cable in other countries.. damn

Someone told me that the US episodes are infact edited for commercials. So like the US special, they took out bits like the crew buying gifts for themselves and cut to them reading the challenge....so all of them it seems will not air in the original length. However my mate told me that it is a cut to break and not re-edit for the commercials. I'm quite happy with my full episodes...8)

Problem with airing it on BBC America, is that they need to edit it for commercials and they can't really have any product endorsements, which is why I think they took the bit out of them buying stuff for their cars. I think I will simply stick to getting the full episodes off of here.

You guys dont have commercials in Britain?!

DTV has been kicking ass with the HD stuff, I'm actually tempted to finally get some HDTV equipment. If only there was a decently priced receiver with firewire output for my mythtv server.

Not on any of the BBC channels, it's all publicly funded by people paying their telly license fees. Other channels have advertisements every fifteen minutes.

Thats such BS.

If theirs one thing i hate, its commercials.

Whos upset they are just showing season 8 again?

I think airing season 10 would be pushing it.

They should go back to season 6 or 7, sure the content is old but the quality is at its best.

edit: and what No Boss said.

Last edited:
Probably not many, since most of us have the real, 1-hour episodes downloaded and can watch 'em anytime. 8)

it gets old though when they literally just showed it a couple weeks ago. :( Why cant they just air Top Gear episodes in the US at the same time they air it in the UK?