BBC Brit?s Top Gear SA: The Races

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Missed this:
Date: 02.12.2015 Last updated: 04.12.2015 at 11.34
Category: BBC Worldwide
1 December 2015: BBC Brit exclusively presents Top Gear: The Races, a brand new compilation series presented by Matt LeBlanc (Friends). Premiering on Wednesday 9th December at 20:00, the show highlights a selection of the greatest and most entertaining races from the past 13 years of the world?s biggest motoring show.
To celebrate its South African premiere, three of South Africa?s slickest ? and we?ll find out who?s quickest ? DJs will be going head to head in a BBC Brit Top Gear-style race from Braamfontein to Sandton on Tuesday 8 December.

Mo Flava (Metro FM), DJ Ankle Tap (YFM) and Sureshnie Rider (5FM) will gather at Hotel Lamunu in Braamfontein, where they will receive instructions on their ?BBC Brit Top Gear: The Races challenge?: getting to the Radisson Blue Gautrain hotel, right in the centre of busy Sandton, using very different modes of transport.

These will be:

The Gautrain ? the sleek rapid rail system that bypasses the traffic, but runs on a schedule that is beyond the control of the contestants;
A Ferrari F430 Spider with a trained driver ? explosively quick, but subject to congestion frustrations, just the same as any other car
A minibus taxi ? the slowest of the lot, but driven by a local with intimate knowledge of the best routes between any two points in Johannesburg
To begin the challenge, our three racers will pick one of three sealed BBC Brit golden envelopes at the start line, and will only discover then what mode of transport they will be using in the race. Strategies will have to be planned on the go as they aim to get the jump on their colleagues!

To follow the race, get onto social media and follow Mo Flava (Twitter: @moflavadj, Facebook: MoFlavaDJ, Instagram: moflava); DJ Ankle Tap (Twitter: @DJAnkletap, Facebook: DJ Ankletap, Instagram: djankletap) and Sureshni Rider (Twitter: @Sureshnie, Facebook: Sureshnie Rider, Instagram: sureshnierider). Our stars will be sharing every step of the experience, so get involved and support them!

Hashtag for the event: #TopGearSA

Top Gear: The Races

From very early on in Top Gear?s life the phrase ?We decided to have a race? has appeared often. It?s important work, finding out whether a Bugatti Veyron is faster than a Eurofighter jet or a Fiat Panda faster than a free runner. Some of the races have been brief, and some have been simply epic. Matt LeBlanc ( Friends, Episodes ), one of the fastest ever celebrities round the Top Gear test track, presents a selection of the greatest and most entertaining races from the past 13 years.

Tune in:

Top Gear: The Races Premiere: 8pm on 9 December on BBC Brit, DStv channel 120.
www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/worldwide/2015/tgtheraces

BBC America will be premiering Top Gear - The Races Monday, January 18, 2016

12369111_1095510630459684_190782723042634637_n.jpg

Posing with The Stig at Top Gear BBC America?s research facility. Stay tuned? coming this January.
https://www.facebook.com/TopGearAmerica/posts/10153040431357563
https://www.facebook.com/MattLeBlan...641290183/1095510630459684/?type=3&permPage=1

If you live in the UK you can purchase all seven 50 minute episodes for ?10.99 or ?1.89 for individual episodes

Exclusive to BBC Store, Matt LeBlanc guides you through the most memorable racing moments from the first 21 series, including rally cars racing bobsleighs.
https://store.bbc.com/top-gear/top-gear-the-races

Last edited:
So it's trimmed down versions of what we have seen already and many times on Dave?

I would be far more interested in a decent out-takes/bloopers compilation or some more behind the scenes stuff that we never got to see before.

Well, yeah, BBC leadership is quite desperate to keep focus on the The! Chris! Evans! Show! version of TG and off of the Amazon/CHM show.

:lol: The big problem is that Dave and BBC Three between them are doing an excellent job of keeping CHM at the forefront of everybody's mind. They can't do much about the former but you think they would have the good sense to pull the latter. Except of course actually you wouldn't. If there were good sense at the BBC at some level then they might have managed to seep the fracas under the rug.

:lol: The big problem is that Dave and BBC Three between them are doing an excellent job of keeping CHM at the forefront of everybody's mind. They can't do much about the former but you think they would have the good sense to pull the latter. Except of course actually you wouldn't. If there were good sense at the BBC at some level then they might have managed to seep the fracas under the rug.

Doubt they could have done that, but they could at least have handled it as well as a producer's girlfriend possessing an IQ approaching warm room temperature demonstrably did. Instead - more than a month of tortured stupidity, slander and idiocy before a conclusion was reached where the not-terribly-bright girl resolved a nearly identical matter within a day. She wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, but she was demonstrably smarter than all of the BBC's leadership. Which really says something.

BBC: Competency not required.

I don't think it would have been made at all, except perhaps as a direct-to-DVD clipshow.

So it's trimmed down versions of what we have seen already and many times on Dave?

I would be far more interested in a decent out-takes/bloopers compilation or some more behind the scenes stuff that we never got to see before.

If the BBC really wants to milk the cash cow, they'd do an official DVD box set of the entire 22 series of 2002-2015 Top Gear. I bought the latest "Best of..." DVD, and while there's nothing new on it, the picture quality is outstanding. I have all episodes in one form or another, but they're not all original BBC broadcast versions. I would pay a goodly sum to get high quality, original, uncut, unedited versions, and I feel pretty confident I'm not the only one.

If the BBC really wants to milk the cash cow, they'd do an official DVD box set of the entire 22 series of 2002-2015 Top Gear. I bought the latest "Best of..." DVD, and while there's nothing new on it, the picture quality is outstanding. I have all episodes in one form or another, but they're not all original BBC broadcast versions. I would pay a goodly sum to get high quality, original, uncut, unedited versions, and I feel pretty confident I'm not the only one.

I wouldn't mind if they'd at least release series 22.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they loved to churn out:hammond:Hammond hosted out clip shows

Stig on a wall. Is that a euphemism for something?

Stig on a wall. Is that a euphemism for something?

Desperation on the BBC's part and depression on The Stig's part resulting in his suicide by hanging after seeing the new Chris Evans' show material?

:rolleyes:

You have to admit, on the poster/preview frame, it looks like he's done a 'goodbye cruel world' hanging job on himself - the moreso since we know inactive Stigs have their head locked in an upright position. :D

- - - Updated - - -

OR it's just because the people who made this aren't necessarily the same people who made TG so they might not pick up on these little details. Also, if he stood there upright it would have looked weird because without context it would then seem as if he's just standing there.

Oh, heck, if the BBC wanted to make some money......

The last season they issued on Blu-ray was SEASON 17 -- WHY ON EARTH can't they release the newer series on Blu-ray???? Idiots, morons, imbeciles....

How freaking STUPID do you have to be to fail to comprehend that lots of people (like me) will never, ever buy another DVD again, as we wait for someone with an actual brain in their head to release the newer series on Blu-ray?

Oh, heck, if the BBC wanted to make some money......

The last season they issued on Blu-ray was SEASON 17 -- WHY ON EARTH can't they release the newer series on Blu-ray???? Idiots, morons, imbeciles....

How freaking STUPID do you have to be to fail to comprehend that lots of people (like me) will never, ever buy another DVD again, as we wait for someone with an actual brain in their head to release the newer series on Blu-ray?

Doubly weird since they released all the way through 22 on iTunes in HD, which is how I have been collecting it.