BBC shows even more stupidity

Yeah, it's BBC World wide and not the BBC that is sending the takedown notices and it sounds as though the process is automated and they are just spamming takedown notices to Google. It just goes to show how stupid the copyright battle has become, when people here news like this it's no wonder they suddenly think not paying for content is okay because the content is coming from assholes.

I read the story. I think it is just stupid that ANY company would go after content on IMDB and that the automated systems that are doing it are pure BS. I actually had my own content taken down when someone else tried to say it was theirs. *sigh*

^why do you think this site no longer has a front page?

Because this site actually posted information about torrent releases and linked to them.

And Top Gear wouldn't have become as popular as it was if FinalGear hadn't been doing that.

Because this site actually posted information about torrent releases and linked to them.

And Top Gear wouldn't have become as popular as it was if FinalGear hadn't been doing that.

The BBC has further taken care of the problem by ensuring that from here on out nobody will want to pirate Top Gear; because nobody will want to watch it. I find Chris Evans nails-on-chalkboard levels of annoying.

TG went out to 350,000,000 people. This website probably hasn't even had that many clicks, let alone views. It really is amazing the levels of kiss-assery that goes on in this place.

Oh and btw, it was YouTube clips going viral that sent TG into the world-wide spotlight.

Last edited:
TG went out to 350,000,000 people. This website probably hasn't even had that many clicks, let alone views. It really is amazing the levels of kiss-assery that goes on in this place.

This place gave people a way of watching Top Gear in counties where it wasn't even aired. Top Gear launched in many markets with a pre-established fanbase thanks to FinalGear. But you'd probably know that if you'd been around back then.

This place gave people a way of watching Top Gear in counties where it wasn't even aired. Top Gear launched in many markets with a pre-established fanbase thanks to FinalGear. But you'd probably know that if you'd been around back then.

Jeremy even used to acknowledge that, with his "nod and a wink" comments. Top Gear being made available for download probably did far more good for "the brand" than harm. Even if legally it's wrong. (And while "prissy" for them to take it down, it is their legal right to protect their intellectual property)

I've even also heard that Clarkson has been removed from Forza 6, though May and Hammond are included. It's sad that the BBC feels it has to erase Jeremy from the history of Top Gear. Whether they like it or don't, Top Gear got to where it was largely because of Jezza.

If you had half the smarts that you think you do, you'd know that people use torrent sites like Demonoid and The Pirate Bay to get full episodes. You'd also know that a half-dozen people on an internet forum is not enough of a fan base for a country to buy a TV show. You're completely delusional dude.

And where do you think the Top Gear torrents on those sites came from back in the early days?

Yup. Old Top Gear had gotten so bad nobody was interested in watching it; New Top Gear had been assumed to be more of the same and nobody was ripping it - until some FG members started doing it. Something like 3/4 of all TG video clips posted on the internet (that I've seen) prior to ~2007 were lifted direct from those rips.

In the early days it was a choice between a VUK rip or one of those god awful Jabba rips.

In the early days it was a choice between a VUK rip or one of those god awful Jabba rips.

VUK did a tremendous service. It was only a few years ago he was able to retire when others started doing rips.

And where do you think the Top Gear torrents on those sites came from back in the early days?

Back in 2004 when I first found out about TG? Well it sure wasn't this forum considering it didn't exist yet...

Last edited: