BBC under pressure to sack Jeremy Clarkson over N-word claims

I would like to know who sold the film mostly.
<snip>
This, really. It's some old tapes of takes that weren't used, and presumably such tapes would be wiped eventually (I can't imagine outtakes being kept, unless they were genuinly funny). Someone with a grudge held on to them and has decided to sell them to the Mirror.

Someone in the TG office been laid off recently?

one rule for us one rule for them
Stop this racist crap, please. The only good thing about this whole story is that it brings out who's a petty racist that hides under the guise of being against political correctness on this forums.

Regarding the "n-word issue" I must say, I am a bit disappointed by Jezza. Anyone who's ever been at a Top Gear taping knows that most of the stuff they cut from the news is racist and sexist jokes. Sometimes Jezza even turns to the audience and says "Ooops! That's racist!" as a punchline. It's part of the character of "ultra-un-PC middle-aged conservative voter" he's playing.
After doing this for years he should well know how far he can go with this "comedy" routine without giving the PC brigade something to pin on him. He just totally misjudged the issue at hand. He did two "dirty" takes, using a nursery rhyme everyone knows ends in the N-word with "mumbling" the N-word to entertain the studio audience and then did a "clean" take for broadcast. He know exactly what he was doing - and after more than a decade of doing it, he should have known that the buck stops with the N-word. It was just stupidity of the highest order.

[P]resumably such tapes would be wiped eventually (I can't imagine outtakes being kept, unless they were genuinly funny).
It's all on hard drive these days and those are cheap. Why erase anything when storage costs next to nothing?

He could have mumbled tigger, digger, figger, whatever. Fact is: It was never broadcasted, he mumbled something ending on igger in an old rhyme that ends in the "N-Word", he didn't make that up. Now somebody leaked this unaired content with the clear intention of hurting Clarkson. As long as the BBC airs American movies or Rap songs where the N-Word is commonly used, they should not take the moral high road. Also, this.

He did two "dirty" takes, using a nursery rhyme everyone knows ends in the N-word with "mumbling" the N-word to entertain the studio audience and then did a "clean" take for broadcast.

This wasn't done in studio, was it? I thought it was an outtake from some film they were shooting. Not in the studio, no audience present.

I honestly feel bad for Jezza because unless you go into the video waiting to hear that specific word, you wouldn't notice it otherwise. That mumble could technically be anything. Someone on the Top Gear production team clearly has it in for him and I'm sure heads will be rolling in the coming weeks. This is just another classic example of the over sensitivity of society, perpetuated by the media.

Clarkson is very lucky he's not in the US because his television career would most certainly be over. I'm happy to see that both May and Hammond also stood by his side, they have each other's backs.

You know we've reached a new low when we're debating whether someone is racist over pronunciation.

Stop this racist crap, please. The only good thing about this whole story is that it brings out who's a petty racist that hides under the guise of being against political correctness on this forums.

Regarding the "n-word issue" I must say, I am a bit disappointed by Jezza. Anyone who's ever been at a Top Gear taping knows that most of the stuff they cut from the news is racist and sexist jokes. Sometimes Jezza even turns to the audience and says "Ooops! That's racist!" as a punchline. It's part of the character of "ultra-un-PC middle-aged conservative voter" he's playing.
After doing this for years he should well know how far he can go with this "comedy" routine without giving the PC brigade something to pin on him. He just totally misjudged the issue at hand. He did two "dirty" takes, using a nursery rhyme everyone knows ends in the N-word with "mumbling" the N-word to entertain the studio audience and then did a "clean" take for broadcast. He know exactly what he was doing - and after more than a decade of doing it, he should have known that the buck stops with the N-word. It was just stupidity of the highest order.

It's all on hard drive these days and those are cheap. Why erase anything when storage costs next to nothing?

Predictable left-wing intellectually-vacuous shite.

It's just a word. It's given power by left-wing cretins determined to treat anyone with black skin as a victim. If it wasn't for people like you the word would lose any power just like cracker or white-bread has no power. You treat blacks as a special case, you treat them like children incapable of adult humour. YOU are the racist.

Clarkson has done nothing wrong and I hope this episode finally makes him move Top Gear away from the cultural-marxist BBC and on to a proper channel. Frankly it's the only reason to ever watch the BBC and I stopped paying the licence fee years ago. Anyone who is offended by the N word needs to sit down and think about why a word (used trivially by black people) causes them such offence and why they possess this mental illness of selective-sensitivity.

Fucking lefties.

I can't help but wonder how a person sat down in front of their computer and thought "Yes, this picture of a bird lifting his foot up is just what I need to explain my views on racism"

:lol:

If I could + rep you I would.

Looks like a bigger screw-up than usual. In the US, an incident like this would be virtually an instant firing. We can only hope the UK is more forgiving.

The real question is if this is an isolated incident. If there are more such things, it's likely only a matter of time before they're leaked to the press.

Predictable left-wing intellectually-vacuous shite.

<intellectually offensive and ignorant rubbish>

Fucking lefties.

Idiot.

The word isn't given "meaning" by "left-wing cretins". It is given meaning by 300 years of abduction and dislocation for financial gain called the "slave trade". A trade that stripped these people of basic human rights and treated them as nothing more than a commodity and a focus of derision.

Granted, blacks do not do themselves any favours by using the word amongst themselves, but that is no justification for others using it. It is never used in anything but a pejorative and opprobious fashion by non-blacks. The only thing worse than using the word is justifying it's use through intellectually bereft rationalisations like yours.

Clarkson is clearly an idiot. Any English speaker knows that nursery rhyme and knows where the n-word appears in it. Thankfully he, unlike some here, recognises the error of his ways and is not trying to gloss over the misdemeanor. Unfortunately, his protestations of remorse don't fool me (and I'm sure many others). He is obviously a racist. Any intelligent person should be able to repress the urge to use that word and avoid that nursery rhyme. Wasn't he also in the news recently for naming his black dog after a Chelsea footballer?

Long-time fan of TG, Clarkson / Hammond / May, that happens to be African American. Clarkson may be an idiot, but he's OUR idiot. That audio piece was a REACH and PURE BS. We all know that 'other' word may fit into the rhyme, but whatever; he didn't say it. Fire him for KNOWING that the word could fit there...? That's reach by the Mirror, a gossip rag at best. There's a MOLE on the TG staff, SACK HIM!

Well this racism thing has gone too far. Yeah, true racism is wrong, but this is just low. Why some turd's have try to find racism from everywhere...

Wasn't he also in the news recently for naming his black dog after a Chelsea footballer?

That is just people twisting things. He is a huge Chelsea fan and Didier DRogba was one of their great players in recent years. It's just a play on words - said pooch is called Didier Dogba. Doesn't make him a racist.

Top Gear 'Festival' in Barbados this month; Jeremy et al presenting, guest star Lewis Hamilton. Let's see what the crap press make of that.

Reactions: MWF
I'm embarrassed for my country. This is a witchhunt and no more. Unaired footage dredged up by an insider and handed to a newspaper. That IMO is a bigger crime that what is being alleged here. I say alleged because ironically anyone watching the footage can see that what is being claimed never happened, and this comes down to the viewer's interpretation of what Jeremy was thinking. Thoughtcrime is a fiction created by George Orwell, but it seems that the politically correct left-wing element of my nation want it enacted and for JC to be the first person convicted.

To me it sounded like he said 'noonoo' - I'm wondering why The Tellytubbies are not complaining about being offended. In the cut that was broadcast he actually said "teacher". I'm a teacher, so I have more right to be upset by this that the oversensitive idiots this whole incident is being motivated by.

Disgusted. The BBC are in self-destruct mode with this policy, and another regarding 'positive discrimination' and gender quotas for panel and comedy shows, leading to some very unfunny and un-engaging individuals appearing on flagship programs such as 'Have I Got News For You' as a result.

Pissing vast amounts of money up the wall on the technical and visual disaster that was the drama Jamaica Inn, being forced to remove BBC3 from the broadcast schedule due to money constraints, handing F1 coverage to Sky for peanuts, axing extensive 'red-button' feeds on satellite platforms, the list goes on. If Clarkson leaves and takes his ball with him the BBC will have taken another lurch down the slope to oblivion.

Am I taking risks here and giving fuel to the fire for the burning pitch-fork brigade by pointing out that in the 'Search for the Source of the Nile' Specials, one of the historical maps Jeremy was looking at had 'Negroland' printed across North West Africa?

Last edited:
^ :clap: