BBC under pressure to sack Jeremy Clarkson over N-word claims

Expat_UK

Car(s)
Nissan
Clarkson responded to the controversy by tweeting: "I'm not a racist. I am currently sitting in a bar with a man who lives quite near Wales."[...]

I loled ...

Now the interesing question to me is, who can dig up unaired Top Gear footage and sell them to the press?

Also, Clarkson likes to go quite close to the fire ... it is only a question of time untill he gets burned. Not sure this will be the occasion ...

Here's the video of Clarkson's reply for those who haven't seen it

[video]http://twitpic.com/e2mc8b[/video]

Who hasn't said that rhyme using the "N" word sometime in their life ?
I use to say it years ago.I'm not racist [I hate everyone equally :D]

Political correctness gone overboard. First you have to dig up footage not aired and then you have to crank up the volume and then really listen intently with the word in mind in order to get a hint maybe? maybe something? I don't get it.

Was even in the proper news here...ridiculous...its inaudible, the rest is pure speculation...its like someone is really out to get him

What a load of nonsense.....honest to God.

I don't even get why Jeremy feels he needs to apologize all meekly, he didn't bloody do anything, don't acknowledge the complainers, if they want to be offended, let them be offended.

So Jeremy Clarkson, Don Imus, and Michael Richards walk into a bar...

In the United States, TV and radio personalities' careers tend not to survive this kind of controversy.

Who did Clarkson make mad enough to do this to him?

So Rap Artists can use the 'N' word but as soon as Clarkson MUMBLES it it's headline news! Double standards by the 'PC' fuckwits as usual

this;
also they can call white people "redneck" or "honky" and not make an international incident.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/03/jeremy-clarkson-given-final-warning-by-the-bbc

Jeremy Clarkson given final warning by the BBC.
Top Gear presenter says in his Sun column that he will be sacked if he makes another offensive remark

Well, I don't know. Anything the man seems to say offends somebody.

He has insulted me, he has insulted the people I live around, he has insulted my state and my country and I still love the man because I understand Jeremy and besides, I don't think anyone could really offend me because I know who I am.

Jezza needs to kill this quick as TGLive is in Barbados in a couple of weeks and South Africa end of next month

Last edited:
You know what? I smell "manufactured crisis." And I think Jeremy has just worked out how to turn it into a national joke.

Think about it. For the next year or so, especially when Top Gear goes on the air, *all* of the left wing of the professional punditocracy in Britain are going to be tuned in to Top Gear or any of Jeremy's guest appearances, looking for him to drop a phraseological bomb, the sort of thing that will get the professional complainers (politicians, the heads of NGOs, etc) jumping up and pointing at their screens and saying, "AHA! OFFENSIVE WORD! BBC SACK HIM NOW, CANCEL TOP GEAR LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD!"

Except ... that they *didn't* say they would.

We have only Clarkson's word, in the Sun column, that the BBC told him he'd be sacked automatically, without a chance at explanation, if he offended one more time. In reality, OFCOM would point out the following:

-- he was using a childhood nursery rhyme with a politically incorrect word
-- the version that actually aired did not use that word
-- he was not referring to any specific person or class of people, the way that Donald Sterling did

We have no word from Andy Wilman, who is the actual go-to guy for Top Gear-related controversies, and a carefully-worded statement from the BBC. So there's nothing else corraborating JC's "single thread" column.

In other words, if Clarkson's critics pounce on him for another verbal faux-pas, the BBC will *not* automatically sack him, not until they review the incident as they do every one of the preceding controversies. And his critics will lose face to the level of the fall of their cultural intelligence, as Marina Hyde acutely points out.

Last edited:
[...]...its like someone is really out to get him
yes, and they are in a hurry to get him because they know TopGear as it is today won?t go on forever and it will be meaningless "getting him" afterwards ... Clarkson has made himself a lot of enemies over time, they?d all love to see him be fired before he retires from the show ...

yes, and they are in a hurry to get him because they know TopGear as it is today won?t go on forever and it will be meaningless "getting him" afterwards ... Clarkson has made himself a lot of enemies over time, they?d all love to see him be fired before he retires from the show ...

Would forming an armed mob and marching on their homes improve the situation? Because if so I'm there.

Would forming an armed mob and marching on their homes improve the situation? Because if so I'm there.

I would like to know who sold the film mostly. Can't really do anything to the 22% that hate him, except pay attention to who they are and avoid anything they do.

I thought the matter was handled well on HIGNFY last night. Mentioned, and moved on.

I remember Jeremy saying one time that noone from the internet backed him up. I think they are backing him up on this one.