• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BBC World

ltlowe

I wrote BBC World and BBC Canada inquiring about getting Top Gear over here. BBC Canada has not replied, but I did get a response from BBC World. Useless as far as I'm concerned, but still a response:

My email :

I have seen full lenth (1hour) original versions of Top Gear episodes from
the UK, and prefer them to the half hour edited versions that I recieve on
BBC World. Is it possible to obtain the full length shows outside of the
UK? If not, is there any interest or intent in replacing the half hour
BBC World version with the full length versions in the future?

Thier response:

Sender: "Mario Giannini" <mario.giannini@bbc.co.uk>
Date: 06 Jun 2005, 10:52:23 AM
Subject: RE: Feedback from BBCWorld.com

Dear Mr Todd Lowe

Thank you for your email.

As is usually the case, we 'versioned' this series of 'Top Gear' for our
international audience. Firstly, we do not have any one hour time slots on BBC
World and secondly, many of the items on the UK version of the programme are
only relevant to a UK audience or of domestic interest.

I am sorry if you are disappointed about this though this what we have always
done and applies to many of the series we show on BBC World.

Best regards

Mario Giannini
BBC World

-------------------------------------------

Despite Discovery Channel having licensed it, I'm sure that one will be "versioned" as well. :(

Again, useless BBC :thumbsdown: and as for the relevance of it to people outside the UK, WTF!!! As if driving a Rolls Royce into a pool is less relevant to ppl outside the UK!

American's don't care about the jokes! We want you to make fun of us! :lol:

Better news from BBC Canada

Better news from BBC Canada

I have a better response from BBC Canada. Let us Canadians hope it's correct!

-----------

To: todd@ltlowe.ca
Date: 14 Jun 2005, 02:36:21 PM
Subject: RE: BBC Canada - Program or Movie Suggestions

Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting BBC CANADA. We will begin airing Top Gear this fall - exact start date and time is still unknown, but it will be part of our fall line-up. I do not believe that it will be edited on BBC CANADA.

Sincerely,
Viewer Relations
BBC CANADA
Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc.

BBC World said:
secondly, many of the items on the UK version of the programme are

This just bull shite. i dont live in the UK as many of the people here. and i dont mind hearing about Ladyman and that weasle faced whats his name, Darling. I get the jokes about Darling and Ladyman. and thats whats important. And its good to see that not only government is useless...

Re: Better news from BBC Canada

Re: Better news from BBC Canada

ltlowe said:
I have a better response from BBC Canada. Let us Canadians hope it's correct!

-----------

To: todd@ltlowe.ca
Date: 14 Jun 2005, 02:36:21 PM
Subject: RE: BBC Canada - Program or Movie Suggestions

Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting BBC CANADA. We will begin airing Top Gear this fall - exact start date and time is still unknown, but it will be part of our fall line-up. I do not believe that it will be edited on BBC CANADA.

Sincerely,
Viewer Relations
BBC CANADA
Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc.

Now the question remains, which series are they going to show ? the recent ones or the one-series-off delayed ones ?

American Idiot said:
BBC World said:

This just bull shite. i dont live in the UK as many of the people here. and i dont mind hearing about Ladyman and that weasle faced whats his name, Darling. I get the jokes about Darling and Ladyman. and thats whats important. And its good to see that not only government is useless...

I agree completely. I enjoy, even more, hearing their hatred for Chief Constable whatver-his-name-is of North Wales... Mainly because my home state (Victoria) is quite possibly the worst in Australia related to speed cameras! Two North Wales policemen even came over here for a week or two to get tips from us on how to imrpove their system! WTF?!?!?!

Even sadder, the Chief Constable took the Victorian slogan of "Arrive Alive" and applied it to his road toll blitz thing :thumbsdown:

I don't have BBC World but for those who do, I reckon you should be able to see the full hour, whether or not the head honchos think that some parts are irrelevant to overseas audiences!

heres what I have to say, if they think that the new of UK is irrelevent to international viewers, then why the hell did they show Prince Charle's Wedding on BBC World???

If they can show Prince's wedding, why not JC jumming off the pool or insulting thet lady whatever..

watto said:
American Idiot said:
BBC World said:

I agree completely. I enjoy, even more, hearing their hatred for Chief Constable whatver-his-name-is of North Wales... Mainly because my home state (Victoria) is quite possibly the worst in Australia related to speed cameras! Two North Wales policemen even came over here for a week or two to get tips from us on how to imrpove their system! WTF?!?!?!

Even sadder, the Chief Constable took the Victorian slogan of "Arrive Alive" and applied it to his road toll blitz thing :thumbsdown:

I don't have BBC World but for those who do, I reckon you should be able to see the full hour, whether or not the head honchos think that some parts are irrelevant to overseas audiences!

Richard Brumstrum(sp?) is his name. The Chief Cuntsable of North Wales...

^Yeah, Brunstrum, Brunstrom... whatever, he's still a dick head no matter how we spell his name :p