BBQ Pitmasters (TLC Show)

Koenig

Anyone watching this? It's here if you want to check it out.

Only watched the first episode so far, and it looks kinda decent. The food itself looks amazing, but some people on the show really get on my nerves.

i seen the previews for it, and was like "hey theres some people that were on bobby flay's show on the competition network!"

wonder if that helped to get them on their own show.

I've seen previews for it, but I have no desire to watch it. If they were showing you tips and tricks for making BBQ that would be one thing, but these kinds of people are fiercely protective of their methods and recipes. So I'm sure it would just be filled with a bunch of stupid and pointless drama like American Chopper is, it seems to be the norm for TLC shows like this.

While on the subject, you'd be shocked at how many of these people who do BBQ competitions use Kraft sauce as the base of their own BBQ sauce.

While on the subject, you'd be shocked at how many of these people who do BBQ competitions use Kraft sauce as the base of their own BBQ sauce.
That's because Kraft BBQ sauce really isn't that bad. Sure, there's better, but from a mass-produced bottle? Nothing doing. And plus, if you're short for time in a competition, why not start with something a bit... premade?

Only watched the first episode so far, and it looks kinda decent. The food itself looks amazing, but some people on the show really get on my nerves.

Saw the first episode too, kinda interesting, but I feel it's the type of show where if you've seen one episode, you've seen them all. Also watching a bunch of BBQ snobs making snide remarks about everyone isn't exactly what I'd call entertainment. The old dude from "Jack's Old South" got on my nerves. I think I'll pass.

the favorite base on the circuit around here in the northeast (admittedly not known as bbq country) is Cattlemans

as for the show what little i have seen doesn't at all come close to an actual any actual Q comp i have attended. Most all the competitors while HUGELY secretive about their recipes are probably some of the nicest people on earch always ready with a beer and willing to swap stories methods and food with pretty much anyone that shows a modicum of interest or knowledge of their craft. This TV show seems to be trying to create drama with all the trashtalking (something i have never heard during a comp but plenty at the award ceremony)