Ownership Verified: BCS and the Angry Wagon - Dodge Magnum R/T

This looks so odd to me, I'm used to the 300C version. 300C touring.

Brillant, I always had a soft spot for them. Looks like you are having a blast with it even if it may not have as much torx as your jeep.

I solemnly swear to keep all hand tools and associated parts out of the reciprocating assembly. :lol:

This looks so odd to me, I'm used to the 300C version. 300C touring.

Yeah, and it's funny how Europe got the Touring until 2010 while we lost the Magnum after 2008. Super-easy to swap the front ends if you feel like it, the LX platform cars are extremely modular.

I wouldn't mind getting one myself, but they just don't seem to last through our winters. Hope you have better luck with your Magnum.

Congratulations for the new wagon!

This is the first blue Magnum i've ever seen and it looks very nice:)

I initially wanted a black one, but the Midnight Blue really caught my eye, it's not a common colour for Magnums. They only had that colour on '05/'06, after that they went to a much uglier (IMO) grey-blue.

First few days with the new car have been great, popped in and had a new windshield installed yesterday which was under $200 and is a significant improvement over the old smashed-up one. Handling continues to impress, although the tires aren't exactly performance units. Stiffer sway bars are now on the to-do list as the body roll could be better, the rear sway from a police-package Charger should be a cheap upgrade. MDS (runs on 4 cylinders when cruising) is pretty seamless, even if you're on the highway you can punch it and immediately there's lots of torque as the other 4 cylinders light up instantly. My gas mileage over my first tank will likely be quite poor owing to all the throttle-stabbing I've been doing. :lol:

Congrats! Awesome car with an awesome price.

Set of Brass-Monkey replicas would look superb on that beast.

Hmmm, brass-finish Hellcat reps, eh? I love the colour of the Mopars but the reps don't seem to have the colour quite right. Also kicking around the idea of the Jeep SRT Spider Monkey reps but I can't seem to find the factory Hyper Silver finish on any reps that have the right bolt pattern. Matte black maybe? Agh I hate wheel shopping.

Last edited:
How's the throttle to to pedal response?

Looks great!

Straight pipes plz :evil:
(or as straight as it needs to be a fun level of loud)

How's the throttle to to pedal response?

Looks great!

Thanks! Throttle response has been fine so far, it's a smooth application of power rather than a jerk (unless it kicks down, obv.) but there's no hesitation if you step on it. I'm not usually a fan of drive-by-wire but this one feels quite natural compared to others I've driven. Throttle can be slightly hesitant at slow speeds but I assume that's an ECU/TCS thing so you don't whomp the thing into the wall in the parking garage.

Straight pipes plz :evil:
(or as straight as it needs to be a fun level of loud)

The stock exhaust is well-designed, it's reasonably loud on acceleration and doesn't drone while cruising. Big exhausts on these motors tend to drone (from what I've read), maybe I'll stick some electronic cutouts on it post-cat so I can choose between normal and hooligan!

Yeah the interior's very mid-2000s Dodge, but it's functional and I've never been much of a dash-stroker so it doesn't bother me. Gauges are easy to read, EVIC is handy, and the stereo/HVAC controls are uncomplicated.

Winter will be arriving soonish, so I bought a set of winter tires from a deaf guy. Price negotiations involved the two of us standing in his garage texting each other. :lol:

Technology is something.

So what's the Miata to Mustang to Wagon ratio on this forum? :)