Ownership Verified: BCS and the Angry Wagon - Dodge Magnum R/T

That just looks like a Honda wagon.

Nice Magnum bro! I was saddened to find out that Dodge killed them in 2008 as I have a soft spot for them. I would of not hesitated to buy one new last year when I was car shopping. I couldn't imagine a Magnum with the 2011-2014 Charger interior + 2011+2014 Charger drivetrain. That would be an easy sell!

Thanks JCE! It is really a shame that they killed the Magnum, especially right after the 2008 refresh. An updated version would be awesome but I guess they just didn't sell well enough to continue making them - although whether that was a Chrysler or a Daimler decision is anyone's guess. Those new interiors are such a massive improvement.

Last edited:
Goodbye stupid engine cover. Not the prettiest engine in the world, but I really hate most engine covers.

dulJMrj.jpg

6JCOlqN.jpg

I also ordered a bunch of stuff from RockAuto, and am looking forward to a very easy spark plug change compared to other stuff I've worked on.

Last edited:
Thanks JCE! It is really a shame that they killed the Magnum, especially right after the 2008 refresh. An updated version would be awesome but I guess they just didn't sell well enough to continue making them - although whether that was a Chrysler or a Daimler decision is anyone's guess. Those new interiors are such a massive improvement.

Anytime brother! And I agree, the 2008 refresh was a nice one. I guess we'll never know who was responsible for killing it officially. Chrysler released the statement regarding killing it but it sounds like lip-service PR to me. They sold reasonably well with exception of the 2008 year but I attribute that to announcing the cancellation in November 2007. There was still 6-8 solid sales months available for it.

Goodbye stupid engine cover. Not the prettiest engine in the world, but I really hate most engine covers.

dulJMrj.jpg

6JCOlqN.jpg

Engine covers are ok for the most part, but, if you've got a V8 (or larger) you absolutely take that cover off. You should start replacing some of that black equipment under the hood with some color!

I know I'm late to the party but, Nice! :cool:

Didn't you move up north somewhere? Or have you not updated your location on your profile?

Didn't you move up north somewhere? Or have you not updated your location on your profile?

I did, back in 2011, but then I found a good job down here and came back last year. I partially chronicled it in the PYC threads for my 2012 Super Tenere and 2011 F150. :)

I did, back in 2011, but then I found a good job down here and came back last year. I partially chronicled it in the PYC threads for my 2012 Super Tenere and 2011 F150. :)

Ah ok then. Welcome back. :) I've been mostly away since 2011 I think. LOL

This thing sure does take a lot of spark plugs.

rqcNJYZ.jpg

The coil packs are vaguely obscene-looking.

XpHZMDp.jpg

I hate gapping plugs. The upside is that after doing 16 of them, you can pretty much eyeball 0.045".

YOvyZY2.jpg

Anyway, having the plugs on the top of the combustion chamber sure does make changes easy. 5.7 Magnum: dead simple. 428 Mustang: pain the the ass.

Man is this thing awesome, More than 4x cheaper than my sti, I think I might look for one of these things in a year or two.

Yeah they're a lot of value for money, I was really surprised at just how cheap they'd gotten. Lots of aftermarket support if you're into that, a $400 cam and a tune will put the R/T above SRT power levels.

7F1yqiq.jpg

A Gen1 Tranzformer box is on its way to me now. $250USD, here's a rundown of what exactly it allows you to do:

Once installed, TranZformer will modify transmission parameters for that real "old school" muscle car shift kit feel. Chirp through gear shifts or just firm them up a little for towing or for track use- your choice. Use your steering wheel buttons and EVIC screen (or cruise stalk/buttons for those without EVIC) to adjust shift firmness on-the-fly, whenever you want. Or connect to your PC via USB cable, and you can dial in independent upshift and downshift boost percentages (0 to 100) for each gear in both Drive and AutoStick mode. Reduces the time delay when shifting into Reverse and Drive as well. You also can adjust shift firmness scaling based on throttle position. TranZformer allows you to reset or kill the TCM's adaptive learning system, keeping the TCM from dialing back the shift firmness over time.

Z Automotive Programming Utility (for Windows PCs only) allows you to program shift parameters, view status, update firmware, and more.

Steering Wheel shifting(SWS): Allows you to use your steering wheel's volume+/- and page up/down buttons to manually control gear shift while keeping your hands on the wheel. SWS mode is enabled after placing the vehicle in AutoStick mode using the console shifter. Once in Autostick, use the volume buttons to shift! This feature can be enabled or disabled at any time using the steering wheel buttons.

AutoUpshift: Set your own shift points when in AutoStick - Using the cruise stalk or ZPU Utility, dial in any RPM for upshifts in AutoStick mode - perfect for high-power high-revving track use. Ideal for use with Mopar Performance TCM - which does not have Autoupshift feature, or in conjuction with a DiabloSport tuner which can disable Autoupshift on stock TCMs.

Line Lock Mode: Push the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS internal valves will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout. Vehicle will not roll until you let go of the cruise stalk. Great for the track or just for fun.

Burnout Mode: Pull the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS pump will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout without even having to pump brake up first.

Launch Mode: Pull the High Beam stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS valves will hold the vehicle with the all 4 brakes so you can have the perfect launch at the track.

Peak RPM Display: Will display actual shift RPMs after each shift - great when adjusting Autoupshift to squeeze every last bit out of that high revving cam, or to check what RPM you hit when shifting manually.

0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timer : Will display 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 times on EVIC display.

1/8 Mile and 1/4 Mile Timer : Will display 1/8 Mile or 1/4 Mile times on EVIC display.

Transmission Temperature Display: Has the ability to display transmission temperature on EVIC screen. No special scan tool required for transmission fluid changes anymore!

Transmission Status Display: Has the ability to display current gear and torque converter clutch status on EVIC screen.

ESP On: Will reset and re-enable ESP system at your command without having to turn car off. Perfect for R/T owners that use a NoESP mod or "key trick".

Reset Adaptives: Will reset TCM adaptives any time you wish with a simple pull of the cruise and high beam stalks.

Kill Adaptives: Keep the transmission responding as if you just reset the adaptives. This mode keeps the adaptives from ruining responsiveness. Enable/disable at any time by the simple pull of the cruise and high beam stalks for 3 seconds.

Auxiliary output*: Pull the cruise control stalk and press the page up/down buttons on the steering wheel, and an AUX pin on the tranzformer can control an external relay, for just about any purpose. Use it to control your nav/movie screen, open exhaust cutouts, enable your NoS system, etc.

TranZformer from Z Automotive really transforms your car in to a neck-snapping, tire-chirping fun to drive beast that at the press of a button, returns to stock. Best of all, it's completely hidden.

^ It's insane just how much one can change via software. Insane in a good way of course!

I've been leery of electronically-controlled transmissions in the past, but the NAG1 is rock-solid and it's crazy how much control you can get over a solenoid-based trans these days.

Yeah really. Lots of fun for $250.

:lmao: Hey man, that rubber was getting burnt one way or another.