Beckham Coming to America.

Alright, that made me laugh out loud.

It's so weird. I always hear about parents taking their kids to soccer practice, and soccer moms, and even the elementary school by my house has a soccer field.....With so much interest at the youth level, why doesn't it carry on as kids get older here? As if it's teeball.
yeah it's crazy, you'd think soccer would be hugely popular here with all the tens of billions of municipal soccer fields, but once you hit high school, nobody wants to be a field fairy or grass pixy or queer kicker or whatever local name is being called.:lol:

I went to one/i] soccer game here, and I doubt I could be convinced to go again. Other than the boring nature of watching the game, there wasn't anything to do besides sit in your seat(unlike a baseball game where if you get bored there's plenty to do) and I have never seen so many vatos in one place in my life, outside of mexico anyway. :?

^ Watch some football here, you've got to get into the whole scene really to get the best out of it. If you come to London try Chelsea or, probably better for a neutral, Arsenal, home games in the Premiership. (If you can get tickets!) You will be amazed at the singing - no really.

yeah it's crazy, you'd think soccer would be hugely popular here with all the tens of billions of municipal soccer fields, but once you hit high school, nobody wants to be a field fairy or grass pixy or queer kicker or whatever local name is being called.:lol:
First thing I thought of:
[YOUTUBE]BmRTWJFm9Gk[/YOUTUBE]
I like soccer, I did it in elementary school like 99% of everybody else in America. I guess why people stop before high school is that they discover football and don't have to restrict themselves to relatively safe sports. Parents like soccer because it doesn't' cost much (shinguards and a ball are pretty cheap), they won't get bashed around too easily, it's still competitive so they have something to shout at, and it's a good form of exercise that doesn't require as much commitment as high school sports.

Of course, all the kewl kidz did flag football. :thumbup:

^ Watch some football here, you've got to get into the whole scene really to get the best out of it. If you come to London try Chelsea or, probably better for a neutral, Arsenal, home games in the Premiership. (If you can get tickets!) You will be amazed at the singing - no really.

Were not allowed to sing out songs anymore up here, or were flung in the cells. Sucks like, mind you recently they have been "PLG- Please Leave Govan" - PLG being the initials of out formal pish manager.

Were not allowed to sing out songs anymore up here, or were flung in the cells. Sucks like, mind you recently they have been "PLG- Please Leave Govan" - PLG being the initials of out formal pish manager.
WHAT no singing! The old firm game (Ranger vs Celtic) won't be the same. (Dad's a Kilmarnock supporter - sort of - he actually likes Horse Racing but when asked says he's a Kilmarnock supporter!)

aren't liverpool the most intens singers?
"you'll never walk alone" :censored: (no singing smiley, so i use the one most suited to my singing :D)

yeah, english football rules. of all competitions, i like that one the best

North Americans are not very likely to visit Liverpool, so I though I'd suggest London based clubs; Newcastle Utd. at home is an experience too.

While we're on the topic of experiences, I have to attend a Milan derby in the great San Siro at least once. I would give anything for some seats in Curva Nord.

Another amazing stadium is the Cairo Stadium in Egypt. I have never felt that intensity anywhere.

Beckham's move to LA, has sparked a lot of interest in Australia, mainly due to Victoria Beckham's past (music career) and her aspirations in becoming a movie star.

Of course the move from REAL MADRID was highly influenced by money ($AUD 1.57 per second). MLS is a lost cause, i strongly believe that the A-league is better.

benditdvd.jpg

Spent the entire movie going: "when the hell is Dave going to show up?!"

North Americans are not very likely to visit Liverpool, so I though I'd suggest London based clubs; Newcastle Utd. at home is an experience too.
The Theatre of Dreams can be good as well. With nealry 70,000 in its got to be loud.

^ Take your word for that one. I am old enough to remember before all seater stadia, better atmosphere IMHO, although I understand why the change obviously.

benditdvd.jpg

Spent the entire movie going: "when the hell is Dave going to show up?!"

Hahaha, that movie?! I saw that on TV once and was like "WTF is this shit?!". :lol:

Anyway, I couldn't care less about Bechham, but if he boost's soccer's popularity, I'm all for it.

David Beckham used to be a great footballer. Right now, he's a posh superstar that cares for everything else except Football (although he says the opposite). Especially after 2001/2002. I don't think that playing for an American Football team will change anything. He's coming there just for the cash and the life in LA.

^even if he sucks, he'll still be better than the other players...