Beer

Yeah most of the liquor stores here in Oklahoma are quite small.

Edit: I also need to diversify my glass collection...I have like 2 tulip glasses surrounded by 20 pints.

Last edited:
I guess I'm spoiled by the local chain Binny's, they are all big booze warehouses. Like 1/3 the size of Costco but just booze.

Binny's is like the Walmart of booze not overly expensive and has just about anything you're looking for.

Just had my first Dogfish Head Midas Touch... it's delicious. It's unlike anything I have ever had; it's like 60% beer, 30% mead, and 10% wine... which sounds kinda weird, but it just works. I raise my glass to you Dogfish Head and forensic anthropologists.

Had my own personal Oktoberfest with 3 of my friends last night. Each person picks 3 different beers, then you drink them all.

Oktoberfest2011-1.jpg

I'm still recovering.

200v76c.jpg

Found these in the news section today. See if they are any good.

The Rip Tide was very good, gonna put a few bottles to mature for a year or two, see how they evolve.

Had some Kwak at the local gastropub the other day

6216402968_1ed8f8bbc4_z.jpg

I'm currently sipping on this:

EeRG7.png

qc5xr.jpg

Yes, I bought it for the name. :p Jokes aside, it's damn good. A very sweet, full flavor with an almost chocolatey finish. It reminds me a lot of the Left Hand Milk Stout I had a while ago. I'll definitely be going back to the store soon for more of these.

Wrong glass....I quess they get nicked alot :p

I won't lose sleep over it. It's whats inside the glass that matters, but we all know that in this thread :p

Some snapshots from the local Oktoberfest celebration (I don't live in Germany obviously)

6225185872_fbaa74d9d3_z.jpg

6225184782_6135564010_z.jpg

Winner of the yodeling contest got to tap the ceremonial keg

6224670311_761160de3b_z.jpg

Andy Warhol returned from the dead to make an appearance

6225191456_e9deca6770_z.jpg

and sing for the ladies

6224674459_affa77e39e_z.jpg

and I found the best stein all night

6225188508_4d73e1e46e_z.jpg

Just had this. Puolukka=cowberry or lingonberry. It's wierd, doesn't really taste like beer, but it's not bad. Tastes like lingonberry but lacks the acidness.

edit: that beer combined with these (rye chips):

...is really good :cool:

Last edited:
Ohhh I'd like to try that....:goes to "Southern Tide's" web site:.....

VVuNs.jpg

tumblr_los755Kzxe1qf51e1.jpg

:lol: Memes in the Beer thread. I love it.

You might really be sad after I say what I am picking up tomorrow:

dfh-120.jpg

troll-troll-dad-dance-jump-l.jpg