Beer

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
I still haven't opened the first one... We should do a comparative taste test... You know, for science.

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I'm in Seattle for work, and my GF is flying up Friday to spend the weekend here.

What relatively easy-to-find local brews (on tap in most bars/restaurants with bars) should be checked out?

In general, ambers and IPAs are preferred.

I'm not looking for 'the best", but out of the local-ish beers that are normally available in Seattle, which ones are worth a try?

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I think I'm finally over the ulta-hazy NEIPA craze. Either that or breweries are just going too crazy with their formulations. The last few new ones I've had all were pretty meh. Nice to go back to a traditional bitter IPA.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
I think I've maybe had 10 different NEIPAs, they are about as interesting as a normal IPA to me, which is not at all, unless they're properly balanced or use interesting ingredients. It feels to me that every idiot with a brewing kettle just adds too much hops to an otherwise bland as hell brew and calls it an IPA. The good and interesting ones are so few and far between nowadays that I've basically given up on IPA as a beer style.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
I think I've maybe had 10 different NEIPAs, they are about as interesting as a normal IPA to me, which is not at all, unless they're properly balanced or use interesting ingredients. It feels to me that every idiot with a brewing kettle just adds too much hops to their beers and calls it an IPA.
I was very into them for a while. A lot of great variations on hops used for both brewing and dryhopping. Got to try some very interesting combinations. Then all the breweries turned to going more and more crazy and making them too complicated. Looking at a few of the recent ones I had.

Brewed using pineapple sage and double dry hopped with Mosaic, Denali, and Lemon Drop.
Brewed and dry hopped with all Mosaic hops. It has an apricot and peach aroma with a bright juicy hop flavor. This beer is brewed with wheat.
DDH sour double NEIPA brewed with Pilsner, oats, lactose, and double dry hopped with Citra / Cryo Mosaic and Simcoe hops.
I still have a few staples that I really like, and intend on bringing those to Ringmeet if I can get my hands on them in August. @Adunaphel, I'll message your the names/descriptions ahead of time so they can be included on your super nifty tasting menu. How far in advance do you need that?

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
Sadly, my favourite NEIPA was a single batch brew that sold out months ago. It's a "double milkshake IPA" with vanilla, called "My Milkshake Brings All the Geeks to the Yard"
I still have a few staples that I really like, and intend on bringing those to Ringmeet if I can get my hands on them in August. @Adunaphel, I'll message your the names/descriptions ahead of time so they can be included on your super nifty tasting menu. How far in advance do you need that?
A couple days before I leave, I just print them at home.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Had an milkshake IPA fermented with tangerine, blood orange and vanilla a little while ago. It was ok, but again, way too complicated. If I wanted that flavor profile, I would've just bought a creamsicle.