Beer

if they can get hold of this, they always may send me a bottle!
WestvleterenBak.jpg

so rare, than IF a bar has it, you'll be paying 25?+ for a bottle..in belgium...for a belgian beer :?

I paid around 15? for it some time in 2008. Nice stuff but too expensive for what it offers.

if they can get hold of this, they always may send me a bottle!
WestvleterenBak.jpg

so rare, than IF a bar has it, you'll be paying 25?+ for a bottle..in belgium...for a belgian beer :?

Apparently you could get that at one restaraunt in Kuopio, Finland (~200km from here). 30 euros/bottle.

Not sure if you could get that through Alko, probably not. Or it would cost bazillion euros.

The Westvleteren 12 is, as of right now, my dream beer. I want to try it SO BAD but, the whole resale thing, and shipping something so delicate to the states... yeah.

If you import Westvleteren, warrior monks will come to your home and murder you ritually. I think. Not quite sure, but almost.

Apparently you could get that at one restaraunt in Kuopio, Finland (~200km from here). 30 euros/bottle.

Not sure if you could get that through Alko, probably not. Or it would cost bazillion euros.

i know a few bars who have it on their list as well, but when you ask for one, you always get the same answer: "currently we're out, but we'll have some next week".

week after week the same answer :lol:

i know a few bars who have it on their list as well, but when you ask for one, you always get the same answer: "currently we're out, but we'll have some next week".

week after week the same answer :lol:

Could be, I've never tried. 30 euros is a bit too much for single bottle of beer for me. :|

Could be, I've never tried. 30 euros is a bit too much for single bottle of beer for me. :|

I paid $20 for a single bottle once. Worth every penny. And if/when I order a bottle of Westvleteren off of a website that supposedly ships it, it will cost $35 before shipping.

Hah, He'Brew. You would.

How is that stuff, anyway?

Haven't had it yet. Tried the Victory Festbier though and it was merely ok

edit: drinking the he'brew right now. Also merely ok.

I feel like ales follow a bell curve - the vast majority of them are just plain average with a few being really good and a few really bad.

Last edited:
Am I the only one on the planet that doesn't like Sam Adams Boston Lager?
I'm fairly indifferent towards it. Its not bad, but its nothing special IMO. Basically, I'm between BlaRo and cowboy on this one :lol:

so I formatted my beer list... Here are the statistics: 94 different beers; all ranked. Looks like I like ales, bocks, and stouts; a good pale ale, ipa, or lager is pretty hard to find. Not a big fan of oktoberfests. Most others I haven't tried enough to know yet (one tripel, for example).

Spoilered for cowboy's sake:
60 out of the 94 are American

I wish I would have kept a better list of my beerapades, I just need to sit down and at least make a list.

I knew from the get-go that I wanted to try a lot of different beers and that I'd never remember all of them... so keeping a list was the logical decision. Milestones to hit: 100, 250, 500, 1000. Then... we'll see lol. Maybe some day the number of beers I've tried will catch up with my post count :D

I'm making a list right now and it's a lot of fun, brings back some great memories. There was a great liquor store in my college town that did mix n' match 6 packs and my friends and I had a lot of good times trying new beer.

Edit: for example, one night my friends and I were enjoying some beers and recreational flora and we were totally freak out about by the logo for Tilburgs Dutch Brown Ale...

dutch_ale.jpg

Last edited: