Beer

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
Being in college...I can't stand that Bud Light shit/piss everyone's drinking.
However, I've become a fan of Steel Reserve

8.1% alcohol, 24fl.oz.....$1.09

Cheapest way to get really drunk maybe?

Magners

Steel Reserve is a step above light American lager, that's for sure.

I still personally wouldn't drink it, but I'm not in college anymore.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition

You are the only one. On. The. Planet.

H0nzik

Car(s)
Focus 2.0 TDCi, MX-5 NC 2.0
I bought one of those Trappiste beers today ...and I didn't like it. At all. But then I don't like dark beers in general. The darkest kind of beer that I've liked so far are the English ales.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Amherst Brewing Co Two Sisters Imperial Stout - really good but not as bitter as other stouts that I've tried.

Canuck

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Today I picked up some Guinness Extra Stout to try:

as opposed to my most commonly bought Guinness Draught:

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I'd heard that the extra stout is far better than the draught but this simply wasn't the case. The little widget they put in the draught isnt just a gimmick, it actually works. Oh well no real loss here, I'll just go back to my normal bottles.

Magners

Guinness from a glass bottle isn't nearly as good as Guinness from a tin. Nor are either of them nearly as good as Guinness from a proper tap.

Nevertheless, Guinness is not my favourite stout. Do you like other stouts? Perhaps it's just not your style. I know many people who are avid beer drinkers yet simply don't like stouts at all. I'm the same way with most lagers; there are one or two that I actually like but in general I greatly prefer ale and stout.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I like stouts but I think I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't like Guinness :dunno:

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
I like stouts but I think I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't like Guinness :dunno:
Same here, I'm usually inclined to try different stouts than "token" Guinness. It's great for Irish Car Bombs, though.

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Oh I love Guinness...my typical drink is a black and tan. However, I do enjoy a couple brands of stout a little more, there are stouts out there that have more complex flavors.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
10 stouts on my list and the guinnesses are at the very bottom. Old Rasputin and Donnybrook are at the top.

Canuck

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Guinness from a glass bottle isn't nearly as good as Guinness from a tin. Nor are either of them nearly as good as Guinness from a proper tap.

Nevertheless, Guinness is not my favourite stout. Do you like other stouts? Perhaps it's just not your style. I know many people who are avid beer drinkers yet simply don't like stouts at all. I'm the same way with most lagers; there are one or two that I actually like but in general I greatly prefer ale and stout.
I like quite a few stouts, and Guinness is my favourite beer (stfu haters lol). I agree that Guinness is best served on tap, and second best is poured from a can w widget, but that's not alway an option for a college student. Usually I'll be drinking at friends houses and byob parties where bottles are the only practical choice. Drinking it straight from the can is just wrong so I have to buy bottles.

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
This is kinda cool...Every year there is a local beer festival to raise money for a local avian research center. It's basically a lot of local breweries and national beer distributors getting drunk in a convention hall eating the food provided by local restaurants. Well this year they decided to put together the state's two biggest microbreweries together and make a collaboration near for the event. One brewery Choc specializes in Belgian abbey ales and the other Marshall's is known for their IPA....so they made a Belgian Style IPA. I can't wait to try it.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Had a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA last night. Pretty good but not as good as the 90 Minute and better than the 120 Minute.