Beer

Soup?

Car(s)
Jailbait Ford is Dead! Adjusting to pedestrianism.
Have I posted in this thread procaliming the enormous, delicious benefits of real ale rather than lager?

Well if I haven't, take it as read that I just did.
I don't understand these beers with ridiculous alcohol contents. Why not just buy some whiskey instead?
My standard tipple is Abbot Ale, that's five percent. But, on occasion, Archie Simpsons have Abbot Reserve, that's Six and a half percent. And I think that's true strong. It get's you incredibly fucked but the bite of the alcohol steals the flavour.

However, The Moorings has a beer menu that shows a percenatge. And some of those run up to sixteen or so percent. That is so close to spirits you may as well order a tequila. (I'm not just saying that because The Moorings has particularly nice tequila.)

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Last night I was once again reminded that 40s lead to nothing good.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
haha its malt liquor that costs ~$2.15-$3.00 a bottle

deathrazor

Car(s)
2001 Honda Accord EX V6
Goose Island Oatmeal Stout is pretty tasty. Also I'll be going through Chicago in a couple weeks and hope to stop by the brewery.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Apparently drinking it creates a high gravity, making you fall to the ground.

Blackout89

On the matter of strong beers: Schorschbr?u, a franconian brewery, that held the title of the worlds strongest beer before Tactical Nuclear Penguin, then regained it and lost it again to Sink The Bismarck, now reclaims the title with a beer that has 43%.
I'm not sure where this race for the strongest beer is headed, since I never had either of the beers mentiond before, in fact I don't think I ever had a beer with over 12%, I don't want to judge this, but for me it's usually all about the taste and not how strong the stuff is.
But still I'm curious how such a strong beer tastes, especially in comparison to whisky or any other kind of destilled spirit.

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
On the matter of strong beers: Schorschbr?u, a franconian brewery, that held the title of the worlds strongest beer before Tactical Nuclear Penguin, then regained it and lost it again to Sink The Bismarck, now reclaims the title with a beer that has 43%.
I'm not sure where this race for the strongest beer is headed, since I never had either of the beers mentiond before, in fact I don't think I ever had a beer with over 12%, I don't want to judge this, but for me it's usually all about the taste and not how strong the stuff is.
But still I'm curious how such a strong beer tastes, especially in comparison to whisky or any other kind of destilled spirit.
look at the structure of the liquid and how it behaves in the glass, that's no longer a beer, more a liquor
i think it looks rather tasty, and aparently it tastes like chocolat :D
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/c0n1u/i_drank_it_brewdog_tactical_nuclear_penguin_32/

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
Canadian Guinness kinda has a chocolaty and barbecued fatty aftertaste (That's the best way I can describe it :lol:). I'm not a big fan.

Asahi Black (as I keep raving about... and am still afraid to purchase the case of), shares similar characteristics, but it doesn't have the fatty aftertaste. Instead, the aftertaste is almost like smoked sesame. It's not really chocolaty either... but boy is that stuff smooth.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Drank my one hundred and fiftieth different beer tonight. :happy:

Canuck

Car(s)
2009 GTI
You keep track? Intense.

If I had to guess I'd put myself somewhere between 75-100. There's lots of beers I don't remember that are just handed to me lol.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I never bothered to keep track. It is well beyond 100.

Why bother?

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I keep track of the different beers I've tried. It started when I realized that there is better beer out there than Coors Light so to help me keep track of the different kinds I try and what I like and dislike, I started a list.