Beer

untitled.jpg

the king o' beers!

dude! you're killing me :lmao:

first in the post your 2 car garage, now this :lol:

rep +1 :lol:

Last edited:
So this guy is an American loving his corolla drinking Guinness?

+ rep !

Last edited:
Has anyone else ever had a problem opening a bottle of Weihenstephaner? I've had three bottles that immediately foamed over as soon as I opened it, which cost me about 1/3 of the beer.

In all three cases, the bottles had been sitting in one spot for days, not being moved or agitated it any way. Also, its not like I'm shaking the bottle before opening it, I'm not slamming it down on a table, and I'm not hitting the top in any way. I've never had this happen with any other beer.

Thats what I get for straying away from Ayinger.

Has anyone else ever had a problem opening a bottle of Weihenstephaner? I've had three bottles that immediately foamed over as soon as I opened it, which cost me about 1/3 of the beer.

In all three cases, the bottles had been sitting in one spot for days, not being moved or agitated it any way. Also, its not like I'm shaking the bottle before opening it, I'm not slamming it down on a table, and I'm not hitting the top in any way. I've never had this happen with any other beer.

Thats what I get for straying away from Ayinger.

Get the fuck away from Weihenstephaner! That shit is nasty as all hell. It's brewed by / in cooperation with the agricultural faculty of my university, so they give it away at university events.

I know they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but that shit's so nasty, I always bring my own Augustiner.

:lol: I'm happy to know someone feels the same as I do.

I've never seen Augustiner here, I'll definitely look for it even more now. As for now, Ayinger is still my first and only love.

I was at a mall today and saw a shirt: Beer doesn't make you fat. It's makes you lean... ...against walls, doorways etc...

Alok, you just inspired me to correct a regret I've had for a while now. While in Germany I saw this shirt:

Screenshot2011-01-08at13622PM.png

I thought it was really funny, but at the time for whatever reason I didn't buy it, until now. I'm now on the hunt for one. :)

:lol: I'm happy to know someone feels the same as I do.

I've never seen Augustiner here, I'll definitely look for it even more now. As for now, Ayinger is still my first and only love.

As for Augustiner, there's a good reason why somebody on this forum (I think it was Buba?) had the lineup of the Augustiner beer bottles as his signature for years. It's good simple stuff, and been my main staple since starting university.

But Ayinger comes from the region I grew up in, and they make some great beer, used to drink that sometimes as a kid/teen. But when it comes to local beers in that region, I prefer the Maxlrainer. You're definitely not going to find that in the states though :lol: I have a hard enough time even finding it in Munich, 50km from where it's brewed.

Maxlrainer sounds like Dogifsh Head over here :lol:

I also bought a bottle of Hacker-Pschorr Weisse, Erdinger Hefe-Weizen, and K?stritzer Schwarzbier. Even if they're not great I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Last edited:
The Hacker-Pschorr Weisse was delicious. I honestly have to taste it back to back with Ayinger to see which one I like more. The Hacker had so much flavor.

The Erdinger Weizen on the other hand, didn't taste so great. I had it right after the Hacker and it was like drinking Weizen flavored water compared to the Hacker.

The K?stritzer Schwarzbier was very good. It wasn't anything special that you must try, but as far as Schwarzbiers go it was very good.

I'm happy I got to try all three, overall. :cheers:

The Erdinger Weizen on the other hand, didn't taste so great. I had it right after the Hacker and it was like drinking Weizen flavored water compared to the Hacker.
I agree, it is quite "thin" in a way. For that reason, it's for a warm summer's evening,

I wouldn't mind if it was thin but still had a good taste, but it was just overall very weak. The Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier was very light, but it still had a very full and very good flavor.

I'll say this about the Erdinger though, it may have had the heaviest and thickest beer bottle I've ever seen. The label does say "bottle fermented" so maybe that has something to do with it, but this is one damn sturdy bottle.

I was just going to ask about that. I'm not really a beer drinker, but does watery crappy beer have it's place? I mean, after a long summer's day at a family reunion playing vollyball ni the yard with the nephews, or a long day of mowing the lawn and post-hole-digging, I couldn't imagine puring a guiness or some kind of oatmeal stout or something...

Nah that's what proper pilsners and weissbiers are for.

Agreed. Although at that point for me if I'm actually thirsty then I wont go anywhere near alcohol and just drink water. Beer can come after hydration occurs. :)

I plan on drinking the St. Peter's Cream Stout I got tonight, since the Eagles game isn't looking too good right now.

edit: Packers 21 Eagles 16. Its drinking time!

Last edited:
I was just going to ask about that. I'm not really a beer drinker, but does watery crappy beer have it's place? I mean, after a long summer's day at a family reunion playing vollyball ni the yard with the nephews, or a long day of mowing the lawn and post-hole-digging, I couldn't imagine puring a guiness or some kind of oatmeal stout or something...

Miller Genuine Draft in a bottle. It can drunk alone and tastes best ice cold, or it can be paired with virtually any meal. It is REALLY good with Chinese or Indian.

Philia
That is a proper pint (as in 20floz not 15floz) - is it from Ukania? Never seen it before if it is. Looks yummy!

Miller Genuine Draft in a bottle. It can drunk alone and tastes best ice cold, or it can be paired with virtually any meal. It is REALLY good with Chinese or Indian.
I agree with Jay these lighter and low alcohol beers have their place - thirst quencing but not sweet, and drinkable during the day when you may have to return to work in the PM say. You do not want to be "affected" if you are using machinery - accidents can happen. And after work a quickie and then drive home is OK with one of these 'light' low alcohol beers.

Last edited:
I agree nothing wrong with the Macros, but there is more out there.