Beer

St. Peter's Cream Stout

3131733935_165a4c7e3f.jpg

Delicious.

One of my favourites! Got that and a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout back home.

PhiliaThat is a proper pint (as in 20floz not 15floz) - is it from Ukania? Never seen it before if it is. Looks yummy!

Yeah they're in Bungay, Suffolk. Are you saying you've never seen that particular beer before or that size?

One of my favourites! Got that and a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout back home.

Its definitely one of my favorite stouts now. It has the sweetness of a cream/milk stout but it also has more bitterness than most others which works extremely well with the sweetness. It was pretty cheap too. Can't go wrong :)

Last edited:
Usual size which made me think it was Ukanian, but I have not seen it on sale around here! As I said I'd like to try it - appeals to my dark beer apatite.
What in gods name is it doing in the US and not in the southern counties of Ukania?

Last edited:
The store had a few from St. Peter's actually. They also had their Best Bitter, English Ale, Old Style Porter, and Organic Ale. They all sound good to me, except for the Organic Ale. The description said it had a "full hop flavor." No thanks.

I would have gotten the others but I was already at my self-imposed limit of 10 different beers to buy. Next time I'll correct that ;)

edit:

Apparently the beer is farm fresh:

Screenshot2011-01-12at85526PM.png

Last edited:
Its definitely one of my favorite stouts now. It has the sweetness of a cream/milk stout but it also has more bitterness than most others which works extremely well with the sweetness. It was pretty cheap too. Can't go wrong :)

Have you tried their winter/xmas stout? If not, try and get your hands on a bottle next year. It's just as good as the normal one, but more spicy and "warm" in the flavour.

They didn't have any other stouts than their Cream Stout, so I bought a bottle of their Old-Style Porter instead. I can't wait to try it. Recently I've enjoyed the porters I've bought much more than the stouts, I think I've overdone it on the stouts perhaps thats why. That said, I got a bottle of Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout as well :)

On another note, I accidentally bought (long story) a 6-pack of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Sam Smith's Organic Cherry Ale. The Sam Adams tasted like carbonated cough syrup, it was terrible. The Sam Smiths tasted a lot more like cherry. It was a little tart, but overall pretty good. You probably couldn't drink more than one though.

My awesome local got Southern Tier Choklat on tap, was excellent.

Stayed with stouts because it was with dessert not a drinking session and had a Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence Stout.

Both were fucking exceptional, and were like chocolate milk for grownups.

Tonight after work I had a Oscar Brewing - Ten Fiddy (imperial stout). It was pretty good.

I was at a mall today and saw a shirt: Beer doesn't make you fat. It's makes you lean... ...against walls, doorways etc...
Apologies I borrowed your joke.

That flying saucer place is awesome (well judged by its list of products for sale). None in Florida - damn, next time I am over, roadtrip!

It sells Old Specked Hen - worth trying - some brilliant ads - look on youtube.

Wheat wine? What the hell? Never heard of it, I need some ASAP.

Is it similar to a Hefe-weizen at all?

B'stards:

Minimum alcohol price levels planned by coalition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12212240

Ok hands up all who thinks this will work then?

Ok that was 100% Ukanians.

Bloody Politicians - sodding well enforce the law. ...

I'm pretty sure you've already got minimum alcohol prices. the exact same 6-pack of cheapy no-brand beer at Lidl costs 5? in Ukania, and costs ?1.89 in Germany.

I haven't had a proper hefeweizen in a while so I could be off, but it's among the best wheat beers I've ever had. Huge, fluffy head when you pour it, fantastic wheat taste, 9.1% abv yet goes down like any "normal" wheat beer.

So a high ABV Hefe-weizen? That is my perfect beer.

Honestly I can't ever recall seeing anything that said anything close to a Wheatwine. I looked on BA and there's only a handful listed on the site, and who knows if they're actually bottled and where they're distributed. Nevertheless, I'm on the hunt.

I know I'm too young to be drinking, but Jesus am I the only young adult/teen that enjoys a good beer? I am in no way a beer connoisseur, but it seems like I'm the only person that has the decency to show up to a party with either a pack of Heineken or Corona. I mean going to any high school party and even college parties all I see are natural lights aka natty light. It's horrible! I remember my 21 year old cousin from Holland came to visit during the summer, and when he had his first natty light that he drank during a game of beer pong he immediately spit it out and cursed in dutch. He couldn't believe that anyone would drink it without being forced to by gun point. The other truly horrific beer that I've seen at parties is Tecate light. I swear the people who thought of it bought a Bud light, Miller light, and Busch light, mixed them together, and thought how can we make a more terrible beer that has the quality of moose piss?

/rant

Anyways my favorite beer that I would drink on a normal day is Corona Extra. I haven't tried tons of beer because of being under aged, but I think my favorite beer that I've ever had is Shock Top and Blue Moon. I love the after taste on them.

images
images