Beer

I love Stella. For some reason, though, I tend to get a tad aggressive if I had too much to drink. :dunno:

So that's why it's a chav's "favourite drink" innit? :p

So that's why it's a chav's "favourite drink" innit? :p

I'm safe from all the chav-iness. :) Haven't seen a chav here in Manila. Quite difficult to find a pub here, and finding a decent pub is next to impossible. :( What they drink here is this:

San Miguel Beer
20090219-san-miguel.jpg

This, here in Manila, is the bang-for-the-buck beer. Costs ?1.00 and I'd have to say it's a tiny notch above decent. :cool:

Went to the Harpoon Brewery this week for a tasting - can't say I was impressed with much of their stuff, their unfiltered summer ale and even their ciders and cream soda were all kind of flat.

Their Leviathan series is a thing to behold, however, for better or worse. I enjoyed their Imperial IPA, which was bursting with intensity and was definitely interesting, yet light enough. But Saisson Royale smells almost exactly like salami and tasted like Hoegaarden that somebody dumped an entire bag of sugar into. At least they were free...

I plan on trying their Pilsner, Quad, and Baltic Porter next, and plan on keeping some Imperial IPA on hand. Also, visiting the Sam Adams Brewery tomorrow, a Boston beer that I prefer a lot more. :dance:

Just had an incident with someone like that at the bar today.
You did the right thing. I got in a fight earlier this summer, on my birthday no less, because some $%#@ wouldn't move. Retarded. Doesn't matter if you win or lose when you get tossed out and the cops jump down your throat for an hour.

Also, visiting the Sam Adams Brewery tomorrow, a Boston beer that I prefer a lot more. :dance:
Sam Adams, to me, is like Leinenkugels. They can do no wrong.

Went to the Harpoon Brewery this week for a tasting ...

This might sound crazy but I preferred the beer I tasted at the Windsor,VT brewery over what I had at the one in Boston.:dunno:. Do you ever drink any of the Ommegang beers? Pretty good Belgian beers brewed about 5 hours from you in Cooperstown, NY, they are probably my 2nd favorite micro.

I prefer Bass. I've been drinking it the most lately. Very smooth and good tasting.
beer-bass.jpg

Sam Adams, to me, is like Leinenkugels. They can do no wrong.

Too right! Speaking of Leine's, counting down the days until the Oktoberfest beer is here. I am not much of Lager man, but this really hits the spot. Apparently a Marzen style beer.

^Yes, they had a pretty God awful fruity winter beer too, it's name escapes me.

My beer tonight from a small, local brewery:

3852575255_23f4fbbe61_b.jpg

I'm pretty sure if I lived in Germany I'd be a degenerate alcoholic because of the wide spread availability of tasty beers...:D

I got some of these here along from my holiday ...

produkte.jpg

"the beer of the righteous"

While this whole "stoertebeker" thing sounds like some tourist-trap-beer (famous pirate) ... but the "bio" logo the beer wears suggests it?s been made properly ... (unlike with "health food" that logo actually helps getting a good beer or wine in germany). And I really liked most of what they offer (the "hanse-porter" is terrible, but the rest is good.

I really fell in love with the "bernstein-weizen" wich comes close to being the perfect beer to get wasted with on a hot summers evening.

imgbsw.jpg

Last edited:
Cider hijack!

Had some 'special reserve' cider from Tescos at the weekend, was really nice stuff and then I realised why, 8.2% proof. :D

Was really good stuff, better than the big brand names.

I really like Jupiler. It's not very heavy and there for chucks away quite nicely!
JupilerPils.jpg

A week ago i was the weekend in oostende in beligium. damn it that beer was to much after the sangria and the other beer and .... :lol:

i find kwak pretty tasteless, most people i know just drink it for the glass :bangin:

lately i find myself drinking a lot of vedett
http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/1585/vedett5ed.jpg
made by the same brewery that makes duvel :thumbup:

A week ago i was the weekend in oostende in beligium. damn it that beer was to much after the sangria and the other beer and .... :lol:

thats funny, I always find jupiler pretty light on the stomach, must be one hell of a lot of sangria and other beers than ;)

Had some Verboden Vrucht, Hopus, Duvel gefilterd, Duvel and Westmalle trippel yesterday, all were nice, although I should have had less in total.