Beer

I said the same thing, just had one a couple nights ago. First fruit beer I can remember having that didn't taste like complete garbage.

Like jaywalking deer right?

I'm sorry, but the Germans are the only nation who make proper wheat beer. Fuck Hoegaerden, Paulaner plz.

Agreed....when it comes to masse producend 'weisbier' they are unbeatable , unfortunatly quantity does very rarely equal quality when it comes to serious beer.... for that same reason hoegaarden (and most other best know Belgian beers) is just 'meh' aswell.....

"German whitebeer" : for that nice subtle industrial taste! now in a supermarket near u!
accept no substitute! :cool:

Last edited:
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
old-rasp.jpg

I love this beer!! I think I have one friend that will actually drink one with me. Everyone else has a miller lite and looks at me like am crazy.

Reactions: Jay
Old Rasputin is nice. Got my hands on a few bottles some times back and it was a nice experience. :) Here is Sweden we have a beer called Slottsk?llans Imperial Stout that is just marvellous, too bad it costs ?3 for one 33cl bottle. :(

3026049194_e33eefb193.jpg

I love Three Floyds brewery. Every thing Ive had was amazing. They arent to far from me, just across the Indiana border with Illinois in Munster. I've always wanted to go to Dark Lord Day and pick up some, but its always during or near my finals weeks.

Just read the history of my favorite "American" brewery (Ommegang) and I had no idea it is now owned by my favorite brewer, Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat. Between Duvel and the offerings of Brewery Ommegang I send a lot of money to Belgium:lol:. Duvel is so good it makes me wish I was Belgian...I think I'd fit in too, I like beer also I am a cycling and Tom Boonen fan.

I also love their logo, which looks like a lion fighting an O.
ommegang_logo.jpg

Just read the history of my favorite "American" brewery (Ommegang) and I had no idea it is now owned by my favorite brewer, Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat. Between Duvel and the offerings of Brewery Ommegang I send a lot of money to Belgium:lol:. Duvel is so good it makes me wish I was Belgian...I think I'd fit in too, I like beer also I am a cycling and Tom Boonen fan.

ommegang_logo.jpg

Well then you would certainly fit in with a certain part off Belgians......however that's the part the rest off uss avoid like the plaque :cool:

Well then you would certainly fit in with a certain part off Belgians......however that's the part the rest off uss avoid like the plaque :cool:

Ignore this cowboy and join us Belgian beer/Tom Boonen/cycling fans.
Duvel is awesome but have you tried their variant Vedett? it is teh awesome
It's rare, even here, so I dunno if you can find one

vedett.jpg

Welcome brotha! keep sending monies to Belgium!

Last edited:
Welcome brotha! keep sending monies to Belgium!

yess! so all Belgian Tom boonen fans can buy more brightley coloured condoms to ride around in on theire bikes and annoy the shit out off everyone else ! :p

Seriously though, Noodle speaks sence, Vedett is actualy one off the best 'edelpils' beers we have to offer.....
Btw Noodle : Colruyt , altijd in voorraad, tenzij em op is :p

ommegang_logo.jpg

seen my avatar? that lion is the symbol for the dutch speaking part of belgium.

and i had no idea moortgat also had a brewery in the US, glad you like our stuff :D

and yess! definately should try vedett (and if you send them a pic of yourself, they'll print it on the bottle ;))

vedett1.jpg

ommegang_logo.jpg

Just got these from them today!
Duvel.jpg

Side note: Is there a special Duvel way to clean this? I don't want to ruin the etching at the bottom if the soap is too abrasive or something.

Last edited:
seen my avatar? that lion is the symbol for the dutch speaking part of belgium.

and i had no idea moortgat also had a brewery in the US, glad you like our stuff :D

and yess! definately should try vedett (and if you send them a pic of yourself, they'll print it on the bottle ;))

Oh I know about the Flanders flag, I was just being overly simplistic for comedic effect:p. However, still no luck on finding the vedett locally. I think my next vacation is going to be a BeNeLux trip. Beligian beer, stroopwafels, and collectable stamps are calling my name.:lol:

Side note: Is there a special Duvel way to clean this? I don't want to ruin the etching at the bottom if the soap is too abrasive or something.

SOAP!?!?!?!

NEVER ruin your beerglasses with soap. Just rinse them with hot water after you've drank from them, and rinse them with cold water before you pour your beer.