Beer

Being in college...I can't stand that Bud Light shit/piss everyone's drinking.
However, I've become a fan of Steel Reserve
steel-reserve.jpg

8.1% alcohol, 24fl.oz.....$1.09

Cheapest way to get really drunk maybe?

This was our cheap college beer...it actually wasn't that bad.

beercanJ28.jpg

Steel Reserve is a step above light American lager, that's for sure.

I still personally wouldn't drink it, but I'm not in college anymore.

steel-reserve.jpg

You are the only one. On. The. Planet.

Ohhh I really like Dogfish Head's Raison D'Etre... it's good.

I bought one of those Trappiste beers today ...and I didn't like it. At all. But then I don't like dark beers in general. The darkest kind of beer that I've liked so far are the English ales.

Today I picked up some Guinness Extra Stout to try:
Picture%20053.jpg

as opposed to my most commonly bought Guinness Draught:
Guinness.jpg

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I'd heard that the extra stout is far better than the draught but this simply wasn't the case. The little widget they put in the draught isnt just a gimmick, it actually works. Oh well no real loss here, I'll just go back to my normal bottles.

Guinness from a glass bottle isn't nearly as good as Guinness from a tin. Nor are either of them nearly as good as Guinness from a proper tap.

Nevertheless, Guinness is not my favourite stout. Do you like other stouts? Perhaps it's just not your style. I know many people who are avid beer drinkers yet simply don't like stouts at all. I'm the same way with most lagers; there are one or two that I actually like but in general I greatly prefer ale and stout.

I like stouts but I think I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't like Guinness :dunno:

Same here, I'm usually inclined to try different stouts than "token" Guinness. It's great for Irish Car Bombs, though.

Oh I love Guinness...my typical drink is a black and tan. However, I do enjoy a couple brands of stout a little more, there are stouts out there that have more complex flavors.

Guinness from a glass bottle isn't nearly as good as Guinness from a tin. Nor are either of them nearly as good as Guinness from a proper tap.

Nevertheless, Guinness is not my favourite stout. Do you like other stouts? Perhaps it's just not your style. I know many people who are avid beer drinkers yet simply don't like stouts at all. I'm the same way with most lagers; there are one or two that I actually like but in general I greatly prefer ale and stout.

I like quite a few stouts, and Guinness is my favourite beer (stfu haters lol). I agree that Guinness is best served on tap, and second best is poured from a can w widget, but that's not alway an option for a college student. Usually I'll be drinking at friends houses and byob parties where bottles are the only practical choice. Drinking it straight from the can is just wrong so I have to buy bottles.

This is kinda cool...Every year there is a local beer festival to raise money for a local avian research center. It's basically a lot of local breweries and national beer distributors getting drunk in a convention hall eating the food provided by local restaurants. Well this year they decided to put together the state's two biggest microbreweries together and make a collaboration near for the event. One brewery Choc specializes in Belgian abbey ales and the other Marshall's is known for their IPA....so they made a Belgian Style IPA. I can't wait to try it.

safe_image.php