Some bars in my town organized a "Beer Day" yesterday so I had to try a few :D

In chronological order:

St. Bernardus Witbier (On tap): :D

Gouden Carolus Classic (On tap): :D

Augustijn Donker: <_<

Tongerlo 6,5: <_<

Westmalle Dubbel: :D

I'm drinking Carlsberg, it was free and it tastes "like spicy water" :jeremy:
It's also a lager, so maybe not the best thread to put it in.

AM: Go stand in the corner, now for being a very naughty, naughty, boy.

Carlsberg - I ask you? Not even Export!

I am not a sophisticated person, shocking I know. Give me a Stella or a Becks and I'm happy. This non-exported crap tastes of nothing... yes, coming from a lover of Stella.

Well perhaps I will forgive you - it was free (about what it is worth!). We do brew some 1/2 decent Lager type beers in the UK you just have to find them. Sam Smiths Organic for one, and the UK version of Hurliman (Originally Swiss), brewed by Shepherd and Neame in Kent are two.

How about Carlsberg Elephant? 7.2% ABV counts for something.

So I was feeling a bit adventurous and tried a Lemon beer the other night.

All I can report is that it was very very interesting. There was plenty of lemon zest - very close to overwhelming infact. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure I'd have it again.

I did just look up the Radler style on wikipedia, and I don't think this was a German style beer based mixed drink. Can't find a reference to it on the brewery's website though.

How about Carlsberg Elephant? 7.2% ABV counts for something.

Piss, stronger piss, but still piss....

I also start foaming at the mouth a little when people seem to think that alcohol percentage = stronger/better tasting beer.

You can shove an LS1 into a Yugo, it will still be a piece of crap.

Last edited:
I never said anything about it being good, I only said the high ABV counts for something. If you're going to drink beer that doesn't taste good, at least you're getting something out of it with the high alcohol percentage.

Yes, mostly hangovers :p

So I was feeling a bit adventurous and tried a Lemon beer the other night.

All I can report is that it was very very interesting. There was plenty of lemon zest - very close to overwhelming infact. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure I'd have it again.

I did just look up the Radler style on wikipedia, and I don't think this was a German style beer based mixed drink. Can't find a reference to it on the brewery's website though.

See if you can find one made by Stiegl, their Radler is pretty light and refreshing.

radler.jpg

I just had the Tappistes 10 over the weekend. People had told me it was "the best beer I ever had" so I guess it was a little too hyped up for me. Consequently, I was underwhelmed by it.

It definitely tasted good, but nothing astounding. :dunno:

To the smartphone crowd: a new beer drinkers app recently came out called Brewgene. Lets you rate beers, take tasting notes, tag beers you're drinking in bars, and more.... with a library of more than 40k beers. And if you can't find find something you can add it. Only app I've found that lets you do so. It will also give you recommendations based on what you've liked and what others have liked.

Another big feature is having Beer Buddies and seeing what they've drank and what they've liked. As of right now that functionality is only available on their site, but I don't doubt it'll soon be added to the apps (iOS and Android). My username is CrzRsn.