Beer

Ask them threw their website or Facebook. The iOS version has been out for a few weeks, but the Android version came out today, so maybe something is in the works (I wouldn't count on it thought).

You can always use their web interface at www.brewgene.com

http://img269.imageshack.**/img269/5536/img0009rz.jpg

Nice and malty, very roasty, not as strong as an Imperial but it is definitely one of my top 5.

It looks like shit.

Its a brand new app made with little to no funding in the guys spare time. Give it time to get better.

http://img269.imageshack.**/img269/5536/img0009rz.jpg

Nice and malty, very roasty, not as strong as an Imperial but it is definitely one of my top 5.

Seriously?

I've never met or seen someone with the same laptop. If only I had the same beer, but that would be a bit freaky.

Ask them threw their website or Facebook. The iOS version has been out for a few weeks, but the Android version came out today, so maybe something is in the works (I wouldn't count on it thought).

You can always use their web interface at www.brewgene.com

I emailed them asking to make a BlackBerry app, they basically said it'll never happen. That's fine, I'd rather sacrifice having a few apps for keeping the best phone I've ever owned.

I've never met or seen someone with the same laptop. If only I had the same beer, but that would be a bit freaky.

If you had the same beer in that picture, then we'd be bordering on a Yo Dawg moment :p

But yeah that's pretty cool, when you have your laptop out in public are people always asking what the media panel thing on the left side does?

I just had the Tappistes 10 over the weekend. People had told me it was "the best beer I ever had" so I guess it was a little too hyped up for me. Consequently, I was underwhelmed by it.

It definitely tasted good, but nothing astounding. :dunno:

You had a what now?

If you mean "trappistes 10" in reference to Der stig's post, there is no such thing....

There is trappist(es) Rochefort 6, 8 and 10, 'Rochefort' beeing the name of the beer, after the town it's made, trappist is a type of beer, specificly an abby beer brewed by monks from 'the order of the trappists', of wich there are 7, and only 7, all named after the location where the abby is located.

Rochefort
Chimay
Westvleteren
Westmalle
Orval
Achel
La trappe

There is also a French attempt at a Trappist beer that came to market recently, but this is not officialy recognised, when the world finaly grows a brain and decides to nuke France from orbit this matter will be resolved anyway. :p

Had one of these on New Years Eve, just forgot to post it.

Djaevlebryg_Old_Mephisto_2007.jpg

I am not a big fan of barley wines, but this one was awesome.

You had a what now?

If you mean "trappistes 10" in reference to Der stig's post, there is no such thing....

There is trappist(es) Rochefort 6, 8 and 10, 'Rochefort' beeing the name of the beer, after the town it's made, trappist is a type of beer, specificly an abby beer brewed by monks from 'the order of the trappists', of wich there are 7, and only 7, all named after the location where the abby is located.

Rochefort
Chimay
Westvleteren
Westmalle
Orval
Achel
La trappe

There is also a French attempt at a Trappist beer that came to market recently, but this is not officialy recognised, when the world finaly grows a brain and decides to nuke France from orbit this matter will be resolved anyway. :p

It was the Rochefort 10.

trappistes-rochefort-10.jpg

Belgian beers is the only area of beer that I know nothing about. I wanted to start getting into them so I got this from a recommendation. Again, I was not impressed. It was good, not great.

But yeah that's pretty cool, when you have your laptop out in public are people always asking what the media panel thing on the left side does?

Yep, all the time.

Now to stop posting non-beer posts in the beer thread. I'll be back with beers tomorrow.

don't judge belgian beers on the dark ones

most are way to sweet, and are mostly drank by women
(rochefort 10 is my mums favourite dark beer)

9549d1325849432t-ultimate-facepalm-7236163.jpg

i knew you weren't gonna agree :lol:

i don't like dark beers. i drink them, but halfway through i wish it was already empty so i can order a pale one...
(and it's true! more women than men drink dark beers! at least in my circles)

i don't like dark beers. i drink them, but halfway through i wish it was already empty so i can order a pale one...
(and it's true! more women than men drink dark beers! at least in my circles)

It's quite the opposite here, one night at the pub a few of my female friends took a sip of my Sierra Nevada Porter, and all of them got that wrinkled this-is-nasty face, then went back to their pale ales.

I personally go through cycles, probably dictated by my local brewery's special release schedule but still, winter is heavy on porters/stouts, summer is heavy on hefeweizens, and everything else is drank everywhere, pretty much.

Most girls I know drink Budweiser/Corona/Desperados as a default choice and they get drunk drinking that 'watery' macro stuff. A bottle of Rochefort 10 would be waaay to much for them.

For instance this afternoon I've had two gallse of St. Bernardus Pater and a glass of Gouden Carolus Classic on tap and I've got home feeling dizzy and with my stomach quite 'full' and I'm a 240 lbs guy who more or less is used to that kind of beers. If girls in Belgium drink those kind of beers regularly they must be : a) really hard or b) the easiest girls in the world :D

Last edited:
Had one of these at a friend's leaving do. I don't normally like dark beer, but I may have changed my mind!

2312825_bdegimxz28_m.jpg

Espresso Rich Coffee Beer; Dark Star Brewery

Most girls I know drink Budweiser/Corona/Desperados as a default choice and they get drunk drinking that 'watery' macro stuff. A bottle of Rochefort 10 would be waaay to much for them.

i said women, not girls ;)