Beer

Nice selection!

My beer haul from my weekend in Wisconsin:

IMG_20120116_180142.jpg

Furious, Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat, Victory Storm King Stout, London Pride, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Weizen, Goose Island Demolition (on clearance), Smuttynose Big "A" DIPA, Founders Devil Dance Triple IPA, Pearl Street El Hefe, Central Waters Mudpuppy Porter, Founders Breakfast Stout. I also sampled everything at Pearl Street Brewery and was impressed with all of it.

what did you think of the karmeliet? special beer isn't it? i have one from time to time, but i still don't know if i actually like it, i'm just intrigued by it, such a wide array of tastes you get out of it!

even a bit to many different tastes...

Last edited:
I have a Tripel Karmeliet tulip, my favorite glassware at the moment :D Good beer too, been a while so I should revisit it.

How is the Hofbrau Original? I really enjoyed their Oktoberfest, might need to spring for that one too.

When I drink the Tripel Karmeliet I always think of oranges. :)

Regarding the HB Original I find it to be much better than the domestic (Spanish) lagers, much 'cleaner' in its flavors. I don't know if there are much better lagers in Germany or not, though.

Just had a Ksteel Rouge with dinner, and I've got to say I it was absolutely excellent. I would never have ordered it had I known it was a cherry beer. Last one I had was the Bell's Cherry Stout, and it was absolutely revolting.

Last edited:
had one of these yesterday

media_l_4086471.jpg

don't bother trying, it drinks like lemonade!

Well, I was at a party last night and they had some Bug Light Platinum sitting on ice, so I tried some.

Screen-Shot-2012-01-05-at-3.48.18-PM-570x370.png

It tastes like Bud Light, but better, for whatever thats worth. Its 6% and you would never know, so it could be dangerous to someone who doesn't know what it is. If you're at a crappy bar and your choices are limited to Miller, Coors and this, I would recommend you go for this.

Also, I hate to fall for a gimmick but drinking out of a blue bottle is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Correct.

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a bottle of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout this Thursday. Anyone have it yet? And is there any truth to the rumor its the last time they'll brew it?

That is the clearest looking beer I think I've ever seen.

My beers for the night (in order):

Thoughts: It was a very enjoyable beer. Haven't had a Weissbier in a while, so it was a nice change from my recent IPA trend. Had a very well balanced flavor, and was easy to drink.

Thoughts: It was a very strange taste. Very faint peppery oder, followed by a very strong pepper taste, and an even stronger pepper after taste. Wasn't terrible to start with, but by the end it was like sucking on a table pepper shaker.

Thoughts: Was a decently dark IPA, with a hoppy taste, but not too overpowering. Slightly spicy, slightly bitter... definitely one of the better IPAs I've had in a while.

Picked up what very easily could've been the very last 6-pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale in Pittsburgh last night. I'm really happy with myself for having spotted it.

Just had a Ksteel Rouge with dinner, and I've got to say I it was absolutely excellent. I would never have ordered it had I known it was a cherry beer. Last one I had was the Bell's Cherry Stout, and it was absolutely revolting.

That is the most dangerous beer in the world. It drinks like soda but is a nice 8,5%. :D

max for beers is 10% imo, if you want stronger, get a vodka or tequila.. :)