Beer

I was in the mood to try something new so I picked up a six pack of this (not my pic):

It's a medium-bodied beer which is something I haven't had very often as I tend to prefer fuller beers. It's a bright, crisp beer with a very sweet taste but still has a nice bite from the hops. It finishes smoothly with an even sweeter, pleasant aftertaste. This is a beer that drinks more full-bodied than it looks.

Overall: I like it. Quite a lot actually. I'm going to pick up another six pack or two while it's still available from the base store for $6. :cool:

3120_2012-03-04_Landshuter_Brauhaus_Dunkel.jpg

I love dunkel beer and this is my favourite!

http://www.bierclub.net/bier_3120.htm

I was in the mood to try something new so I picked up a six pack of this (not my pic):

It's a medium-bodied beer which is something I haven't had very often as I tend to prefer fuller beers. It's a bright, crisp beer with a very sweet taste but still has a nice bite from the hops. It finishes smoothly with an even sweeter, pleasant aftertaste. This is a beer that drinks more full-bodied than it looks.

Overall: I like it. Quite a lot actually. I'm going to pick up another six pack or two while it's still available from the base store for $6. :cool:

Ever give a Helles Bock/Maibock a try? Einbecker makes the best I've had. Based on your opinion of that Spaten I think you will enjoy it.

Emptied a 2l Hopus bottle with a couple of mates yesterday, good stuff.

had 3 of these yesterday evening
omer-glas-fles-33cl.jpg

pretty darn good!!

^That one is still on my list of beers to try out, not many pubs have it though.

Had a bunch of these last week

Was not impressed at all.

Currently have 6 packs of

and

in my fridge

^ transforms from beer into piss :lol:

yesterday had one of these while watching joy ride
orval.jpg

great beer! and i digg the movie as well!

It is an IPA. Therefore, it is better than a Belgian :p

Question?

What exactly is 'A Belgian' because last time I checked we made about everything from Lager over IPA's to double, triple and quadrupel abby Beers and stouts while passing by the fruitbeers and ale's for good measure....time left over we spend making chocolat but that's besides the point.

Is what you mean what you Americans call a 'Belgian style' ale? How is that defined? What does a beer have to meet to be classified 'Belgian style'?
When we think of Irish style beer everybody thinks Irish stout, when we think British style beer everybody things bitter dark Ale, when we think of Dutch style beer everybody thinks of piss :p , but as a Belgian I have no idea how I would describe 'Belgian stye', simply because we make all sorts of things.

Last edited:
napasmith.jpg

Had one of these last night. A surpricingly nice IPA with a nice amount of hops, but still easy to drink. Not Sierra Nevada Toredo amounts, but sort of a perfect IPA for a summers day. :)

Last edited:
bought:
5818636959_9fa5d09737_z.jpg

and:
timmermans_kriek.jpg

this would be first lambic and first cherry one to try.. shall see..

Just about to start a belated Dyngus_Day celebration with my friends because we all just so happen to be Polish.

Na Zdrowie!

IMG957124.jpg

had a trunkload of these yesterday
jupiler.jpg

i'm glad i didn't have anything planned for today...pfff

Bah, Walloonian inbev.....

the local beer is either romy or contra, don't know if you ever had those, but i'm glad jupiler was available, or i would've been drinking coke :lol:

Romy pils ? :lol: Didn't even know that was still around :lol: Childhood memories I would rather forget :p

Funny how there seem to be plenty of those local (rather crappy) pilsners left in East and West flanders, atleast we in Limburg had the idea of killing them all off and started defending Cristal with our lives :p

Last edited: