Beer

I'm drinking a bottle of Orval form July 2013....well, I'd rather drink a fresh bottle :mrgreen:

Had a lot of manual labour to do the past week (upgrading a vibrating screen on an asphalt plant for 3 days from 7am to 6pm) and that first glass of H?rke Pils they had on tap at the hotel I was staying at was the best thing I could have laid my lips on.

bierro.jpg

yeah, that was a nice evening ...

Tried a new trappist beer for the first time the other day:

beer_239959.jpg

It was a tasty beer, I haven't tried La Trappe Isid'or in a while but somehow in was the beer that came to my mind while drinking this, but not a standout a beer like other trappists.

Currently have a fridge full of these.

gtDm2t5l.jpg

I've only been able to find 2 2013s and 1 2014, but they'e been great. So when I found out my local store just got 1 case in, I went straight there. By the time I got there they only had 6 left, so I bought all of them out.

Can't wait to get into them.

My turn to replenish Grampa's supplies:

...someone designed the width to fit two cases side by side perfectly :clap:

On this 4th of July, I finally got to sample the Holy Grail of IPAs, the Heady Topper, straight from the can just like the Alchemist suggest.

20150704_172217.jpg

Excellent, definitely one of the best I've tried.

Lucky for me my local Spar has decided to start stocking Hobgoblin. It's about 2x as pricy as the brew I usually go for, but it is also twice as good, so the math works out!

hobgoblin.jpg

I finally got Untappd a little bit ago. Anyone on here use it? Predictably, my username is CrzRsn

I have untappd! If you're interested in a German's taste in US beer, I'll find you!

Add me! Send recommendations!

I finally got Untappd a little bit ago. Anyone on here use it? Predictably, my username is CrzRsn

I do!
I drink beer once a week at most, so not the most avid user. :lol:

Sent you a request :)

Added y'all

sifuel should be the name in untappd. adding some of you if i find you and feel free to add me too!

Last edited:
So. Got my grubby hands on this specimen. Made in 2010.

OziGjfm.jpg

It was a very very good beer but I was left with the feeling that it was slightly over-hyped. Might just have been my own expectations.

Guinness-Blonde.jpg

I'm not the biggest Guinness fan, but this said American on the label, so it must be better. :p

It was pretty good actually.