Beetle owning a 318 yesterday

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
I went to a beetlemeeting and we parked at the Macdonnalds. After 30mins a bmw 318 with some stupid exaust came by revving his car, we all kinda laughed at him and felt sorry..and he saw it. so he came by 3 more times to show off (he was driving trhough the drive in). So when we left he was still there....one guy got into his beetle and started it up..

The bmw came by antoher time behind the row of beetles, when bmw wanted to show off again, the guy revved his beetle so hard the 318 was covered in a big black cloud of smoke :lol:

So that 318 guy wanted to get him back and wanted to race a 'cute little beetle' he said. So we all got onto the highway...with this

http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/4730/foto3euzfvwq4am.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/5238/fotokzaxxza35yo.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/212/fotonxobczra0uo.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/6171/fotow4n4opjw1od.jpg

And our beetle totally thrased that 318 over and over again, the guy kept trying to beat it but damn was this fast!! I was doing 100km/h and when he floored it it was the most fast acceleration I have seen on the highway ever!

Then he raced off :lol:

Niiiiiiice :thumbsup:
I hate those stupid kids who spend all their money on either some old beemer, or some ricerocket and think they are Schumacher.
Pwned! :evil:

:thumbsup: That'll teach him not to mess with a 'cute little beetle' :D

Seems like it is.

I seen a Lada out race super cars.

Ofcourse the engine was abit tuned up but it was fun anyway.

Kip_6666 said:
is that a porsche engine with a turbo sticking out that pile of rust? :eek:

Dunno if it's a porsche but it's not a stock 1600 I believe...

its not a 6 cylinder porsche engine... alternator is in the wrong place. not sure how the 4 liters from the 914 and 912 look though...

800px-Volkswagen.beetle.arp.jpg

THAT is a 6 cylinder horizontally opposed Porsche engine in a beetle :D

note the alternator and cooling fan dead center, and the carburetors/air filters running down either side.

Dr. Porsche designed the VW engine, but Porsche the car company never had anything to do with VW directly (father worked for mercedes, then VW, son started Porsche, borrowed a couple engines from his dad/VW at first but he didnt like his father as a person, so that relationship didnt last long.)

astroboymoto said:
sandor_ said:
Dr. Porsche designed the VW engine, but Porsche the car company never had anything to do with VW directly
so what do you call the 356 then?? same engine as the bug ain't it but with a higher tune?

Porsche Sr. worked for Mercedes, then the german gov't, the first VW was his design, 1938 - VW38.

Porsche Sr went to prison in France after WWII, his son built a factory/shop in Austria, bought his father out of jail, designed the 356 using the original VW38 parts. After the war, Porsche had no connection with VW - post 1953, the design changed and the "modern" beetle appeared.

1948 Ferry Jr released the first 356 from the workshop in Gm?nd. Then in 1963, the 911 came out - Ferry said they had taken the initial parts from the KdF wagen as far as they could.

So basically, the Nazis took over the VW factory during the war, Ferdinand was taken as a POW, Ferry scavenged VW38 parts and built a shop in Austria, where the 356 was designed and built. So while there was usage of parts, VW and Porsche as companies were not linked specifically (356s were built in Gm?nd by Ferry, VWs in Wolfsburg by a number of factory operators as the war ended, and the Allies moved in, then finally relinquished control of the factory back to Germany in 1949.
Oh, and early post-war, the factory was run by the British military, who were actually the ones that named the company "Volkswagen"

Back on topic, I asked him:
It's a 1303 with a WRX engine.
2100cc WBX (watercooled) Turbo, Programmable injection (MegaSquirt, he has a laptop :mrgreen: )

:twisted: :twisted:

sandor_ said:
astroboymoto said:
sandor_ said:
Dr. Porsche designed the VW engine, but Porsche the car company never had anything to do with VW directly
so what do you call the 356 then?? same engine as the bug ain't it but with a higher tune?

Porsche Sr. worked for Mercedes, then the german gov't, the first VW was his design, 1938 - VW38.

Porsche Sr went to prison in France after WWII, his son built a factory/shop in Austria, bought his father out of jail, designed the 356 using the original VW38 parts. After the war, Porsche had no connection with VW - post 1953, the design changed and the "modern" beetle appeared.

1948 Ferry Jr released the first 356 from the workshop in Gm?nd. Then in 1963, the 911 came out - Ferry said they had taken the initial parts from the KdF wagen as far as they could.

So basically, the Nazis took over the VW factory during the war, Ferdinand was taken as a POW, Ferry scavenged VW38 parts and built a shop in Austria, where the 356 was designed and built. So while there was usage of parts, VW and Porsche as companies were not linked specifically (356s were built in Gm?nd by Ferry, VWs in Wolfsburg by a number of factory operators as the war ended, and the Allies moved in, then finally relinquished control of the factory back to Germany in 1949.
Oh, and early post-war, the factory was run by the British military, who were actually the ones that named the company "Volkswagen"

great :thumbsup:

i never understood how the relationship between them were, and now, in a few words, it all came clear

At the end of the day, he's smiling because he's in a car with modern comforts while you're driving a push-cart.

That's atleast how I see it.

///M said:
At the end of the day, he's smiling because he's in a car with modern comforts while you're driving a push-cart.

That's atleast how I see it.

Obviously never driven one......can't blame you for that opinion if so.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
You do get what he is implying right?

WRX engine? very nice choice. I guess i would call that beetle a "sleeper"

Yeah I know :lol:

Well..sleeper, it doesn't really look like a stock beetle, but you wouldn't expect something like that!