Belgian waffles!

Totally forgot about this thread, about to order a waffle maker, cant find a single decent one, so im going for some low brand cause i just want waffles and this is the only one i can find that isnt manual, it's not a rotating one but it does have a temp control dial.

The kitchenaid had drop from 400$ to 250$ during the holiday period on the Canadian site, now it's back at the full price :(

So, my waffle maker is here, and i can't find a decent recipe for belgian waffles that's simple, I dont have or want to add things like cinnamon or yeast, but I cant find a scaleable ingredient/recipe for one person. I have all the basics, milk, baking powder, flour, eggs, sugar etc.

Last edited:
if you don't use yeast, you'll have some louse waffles!

without it, you're just making a batter for pancakes...

Holy shit, I had some unbelievable cornmeal waffles yesterday. Crispy outside, super light and fluffy inside, with an apple cider syrup. Brown sugar kitchen in west oakland, y'all.

Last edited:
I tried making some waffles on an iron I bought my wife a few years back as a gift. What I have determined is, it sucks, no wonder she doesn't use it. So, looks like I need a decent, but not expensive waffle maker. I'd love to get her the dual Kitchen Aid, to match her mixer, but as you guys know, I don't even spend $400 on a car. :p

Any suggestions?

I tried making some waffles on an iron I bought my wife a few years back as a gift. What I have determined is, it sucks, no wonder she doesn't use it. So, looks like I need a decent, but not expensive waffle maker. I'd love to get her the dual Kitchen Aid, to match her mixer, but as you guys know, I don't even spend $400 on a car. :p

Any suggestions?