Belgium has no purpose anymore, RIP Spa

Miserable idiots indeed, but at least it should be all right for now. And when the local council consults some good old-fashioned LOGIC and COMMON SENSE, they'll have to throw out the complaints for ever and ever end ever and ever and ever and ever.

They should ban people from moving within range of racetracks if they don't sign a contract with the racetrack owner that stipulates that they won't complain to local authorities of the noise, since they understand the risks of a move there. If they complain, they ought to be evicted and relocated.

So next year there will be no more Spa? Or is the race not gonna get an extention to their F1 contract?

What a bunch of miserable fuckups had the nerve to screw up the Belgium GP is beyond me..

Belgium still has a purpose - wh?re wuld wi Krauts s?ttel our differenzes wiz se Tommies if it w?ren't for Belgien? :p

So next year there will be no more Spa? Or is the race not gonna get an extention to their F1 contract?

Next year there will be a Belgian GP. If the complaints by the dumb locals are viewed in the light of common sense and thrown out.

We have to wait for a few more days for a final decision.

Belgium still has a purpose - it's used as an international unit of measurement.

"Oh, how much forestland did you set ablaze with your campfire?"

"About 3 Belgiums."

Belgium still has a purpose - wh?re wuld wi Krauts s?ttel our differenzes wiz se Tommies if it w?ren't for Belgien? :p

But you zeez, it can be labelled as Netherlands to avoid zie confuzshen on whatz it wat, jaah?

Spa and Duvel, that's what they were good for...and for zie playgrounds.

Fucking asshole! I'd love to live near Spa! Also, if you buy a house near a racetrack expect some noise! If it annoys you that much sell it and try to aim at petrolheads because any true petrolhead would buy the house in a minute!

I still don't understand such stupidity. If you're buying a house, you should research the area and know that there's a racetrack next to it. If you think the engine noise will bug you, don't buy it.

I hate people like this. It's like people who move right next to a major airport, then complain that there are too many planes.

England has had a few tracs that have been hit with Noise Nuisence orders, like Snetterton and Brands Hatch. Snetterton had to cancel it's 24hr stuff of it i think, and Brands had to have all engines off by 6pm.

Miserable Bastards...

I think the idea is that you can get the property for cheap than kick out the race track. At least that is my understanding as to how those cunts work.

They should ban people from moving within range of racetracks if they don't sign a contract with the racetrack owner that stipulates that they won't complain to local authorities of the noise, since they understand the risks of a move there. If they complain, they ought to be evicted and relocated.

Doesn't work like that. Even if no one was around, the local orgs would demand quiet. That's why even race tracks out in the boondocks still have noise limits and curfews.

Last edited:
fucking assholes

When I rise to power and rule the world, all the world's noise complaints will be decided upon by a simple process.

First, the complaining dipshit fills out a form with two questions. The first question is "What is noisy?" and the second question is "Was it noisy before?" This form then goes to a government panel (the planetary government - not the local government) which will apply a 2-second judgement call to it. The two possible outcomes are "This person is a moron" and "There might be a legitimate problem here." In the former case, a military strike team will be dispatched to snatch and imprison the complainer's family. In the latter, the case will be referred to a national inquiry board, which will use such things as a map, and possibly a site visit to determine the exact nature of the problem - essentially determining if a historically quiet establishment has become chronically and permanently (i.e. no complaining about construction noise) noisy - but if a historically noisy establishment has shifted its schedule, i.e. a racetrack doing night racing, there is not a problem. If the complaining dipshit is just being a puss, they will go to prison. Otherwise, restrictions will be imposed by the local government on a case-by-case basis, but only AFTER the national government has approved.

I still don't understand such stupidity. If you're buying a house, you should research the area and know that there's a racetrack next to it. If you think the engine noise will bug you, don't buy it.

you would think so, but not. people living around airports also give a lot of problems.

and a lot of stupid lawcases as well,
a while ago, someone went to court to stop airplanes leaving white lines in the sky, they ruin his view...

If I lived near Spa I would open all the doors and windows every GP weekend. :)
Or sit in my garden and have a beer there if the sun is out. :)
Aaahh, heaven once a year.

If we're losing Spa because of a bunch of good-for-nothing idiots.. It's a disaster is what it is.

Spa is the best race of the season.. :(

Some loonies protested and sued Heathrow Airport a few years ago - hello its an airport that has been there since WWII. - They won and got shed loads of "compensation". Yes they won!