No 56k: Ben's Disney Trip Pictures

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S
As most of you don't know, unless you're in the IRC channel, I went to Walt Disney World earlier this month. Since I came back, I took a couple of days to recover, and have been posting one picture a day. All the pictures link back to my Flickr for stories about each shot and information (like the EXIF data), should you want the story behind the shot.

Here is what I've posted thus far.

And one shot for the New Year:

Reactions: TC
Great photos! They bring back memories from when I went to Disney a few years ago. Did they have the fake snow falling on that 'street of lights' in MGM Studios?

Oh, and the firework photos look stunning. :wow:

No fake snow, but that might have been because of how cold it was! You can see how cold it was down at Disney in this shot... note the topiary tarp in the background!

Awesome pictures. Disney World is awesome, period. I stayed in the Animal Kingdom when I went 10 years ago (!!!), gorgeous location and facilities.

Also, sorry, it had to be done.
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/de/derstig/2011/01/02/5263049123_2925a85f33_b.jpg

amazing photos dude! I seriously need to learn your photo taking techniques haha

Very special technique: see pretty stuff, take picture.

No really, there's nothing much more to it. Take a lot of pictures so you have lots to choose from. If a picture looks boring and normal, shoot it at a 30 degree angle. But practice, practice, practice.

In awesome news, though, I just acquired, 100% legally, serial numbers for all the plugins that Nik Software makes. I love my job!

Not that I rely on photo editing software as a crutch to make my pictures look the way they are, but I was able to acquire, through my job, free and legal copies of every plugin that Nik Software makes. This is the first picture I played with using those plugins. They are incredible, and I can't wait to use them to subtlely enhance other pictures of mine.

Good story with this picture available, as always, on my Flickr. Just click the picture.

Thanks for looking!

I certainly love ND filters. Very cool tools; I can't wait to learn how to use them even more!

Another classic shot that I had to replicate myself:

Once again, Fireworks Friday rolls around!

Ever notice how Monday always manages to sneak up on you? Sometimes, this is exactly how I feel!

This was a tough shot to grab. Hand held at Fantasmic with a big 200mm zoom lens. VR saved my butt on this picture.

Another long exposure experiment:

Hmmm, been a while since I posted up a fisheye shot. Here's one for today!

Hurr, Im a .......wait wut?

5275416971_c11d438955_b.jpg

And Germaine approves.

This picture was a tough one. I wanted to start it out as black-and-white, then I wanted it film effect, but nothing looked as good as it did when it came off the camera.

I'm starting a new thing! Wild Weekend! Saturday pictures will now be animals! Tell your friends, join in if you're a photog on Flickr!

This trip, I might have gone a little ND and tripod crazy. Here's yet another of that combo:

At least the working over I did for the picture made those stars in the background pop.

I like this picture a lot. Always fun when you forget about taking a picture and then you find it when you're looking through your pictures!