Bentley SUV?

qumber

6060626.001.1L.jpg

Bentley goes off the road
Is this Cayenne test mule the first hint to an SUV from the traditional British make Bentley? We guess so! Rumours have suggested for a long time that the car will be coming and German owner Volkswagen is certainly keen on broadening the range of Bentley.

An SUV would fit perfectly to the image of the British make. On top, it would make perfect sense to let Porsche do the basic engineering as the Stuttgart firm was heavily involved in developing VW?s own Touareg SUV ? and, of course, their own Cayenne.

Besides these two plus Audi?s new Q7, a Bentley SUV would be the fourth model to be built around the same platform and technique ? and there might even be a Lamborghini derivative, though latest information from Sant? Agata say that the Lambo 4x4 is still some years away.

While underpinnings wouldn?t differ much from those used for the three existing SUVs, power is likely to come from both, the Arnage?s 6.75-litre V8 with 475 bhp and the Continental GT?s 6-litre W12 TwinTurbo developing 560 bhp.

Source

:puke:

^ x2

You've got to build a competitor to a Range Rover not take your road car and jack it up and stick a station wagon back on it. By that I mean it's got to be the best at what it supposed to be. The Range Rover is not a half and half car - this is what is wrong with the Cayenne. The world does not need another Cayenne.

If that's Bentley's today interpretation of a shooting brake, they did not only fail but fail miserably. (The pic looks suspiciously like a photoshopped Touareg anyway)

if thats not a photoshop a little part of me just died inside

"Hooray!", Cayenne drivers will be saying, "I'm not driving the ugliest SUV ever anymore!".

Why must every volkswagon brand now have a damn SUV. Also, they all look pretty much the same too. All ugly. This one is no exception. Looks too German.

-duders

If i imagine what it looks like without seeing it, then i see a picture of it and it looks the same........ something is wrong.

That is like the plainest looking SUV I've ever seen.

:puke: Please no Bentley dont do it, its for the footballers wives shoppping trips and transpoting there brats to school