BERK IN A MERC

Some people should not be able to talk on the phone whilst driving, just because they're bad drivers doesn't mean we all are. I know girls who drive everywhere with their knees. There will always be stupid drivers, but prison time come on. Prison time for talking on your phone that is STUPID.

Some people should not be able to talk on the phone whilst driving, just because they're bad drivers doesn't mean we all are. I know girls who drive everywhere with their knees. There will always be stupid drivers, but prison time come on. Prison time for talking on your phone that is STUPID.

Upto is the keyword there, doesn't mean every driver will get charged with the maximum sentence.

Yes of course you are. Are you trying to be a dickhead or does it just come naturally?

You registered for this forum just so you could call somebody a dickhead? I admire the obscene amounts of free time you must have to make such a feat possible.

Now fuck off and go do something productive, like shagging inanimate objects anything not involving this forum.

I dont think there is anything wrong with driving while talking on a phone, i'm capable of doing it without it imparing my driving at all, none of this swerving around ignoring your surroundings crap.
Yes I agree obviously if you are on a nice straight highway then it's fine, the problem is the stupid government think the people are stupid and going to do it on winding country roads and the like. They have what has been dubbed "health and safety" culture where legislation out rules common sense
Personally, I disapprove with anything that distracts people whilst driving, from getting a blow job on the move to chatting on the phone - you are in charge of a lethal weapon on the public highway - save being clever for private land or the track. Naughty Jeremy.
A lethal weapon is a machine gun or rocket launcher, that is a lethal weapon:rolleyes:, you would have to try very hard to kill someone with a car on purpose.
Errrrrrrrrrrrr............It's a criminal offence to drive whilst talking on the phone. If the police caught him he could potentially be fined, lose his license or even be jailed.:blink:
Yes, but the government have these petty rules talking on a phone should be legal whilst if you kill someone or injure someone while doing it, that should be illegal.
How was the picture taken? Driving whilst holding a camera?
Chear, I like that one, I like it alot:D
I know its a law, but that doesn't mean its not bullshit. For the love of all thats great and grand in this world, would you Brits please grow some balls and stop thanking your government every time they jab you up the backside. You have on of the best countries on the planet if it wasn't for the fact you guys seem to blindly follow anything that gets legislated, do us all a favor and get a little rebellious will ya'?

I don't subscribe to all this government nonsense but if you go on British learner driver message boards they all follow it like sheep. We have so many restrictions on drivers in this shithole of a country it is rediculous the stupid punks in the government think it is the next worst thing to incest.

Last edited:
1659159.jpg

Pretty much the only paper not to go with weather as part of their front page.

as good as it is to see a different outlook from "storm" which appears to have be created by the media - Is that the best story they could find? Really? No corrupt politicians? Elections in countries that aren't our own? But no that's there most important story.

Ok, here's what shud be done:

1. Send a group of "commandos" in Clarkson's house, with helicopters and a few tanks, just in case he tries to escape into the woods or drive away in Lotus Exige.
2. Declare him the enemy of the State.
3. Include his wife & kids in "Motoring terrorist's family protection program".
4. Donate his 2 donkeys to sceince, in case "motoring terrorism" is something you can catch from donkeys.
5. Place Hammond & May in "Declarksonisation facility".
6. Charge Clarkson with crime against humanity.
7. Ban any kind of talking in the car, even without a phone.
8. Itroduce the obligatory for all drivers "Shut-upi" kit (basicly a roll of scotch tape).
9. Charge people for everything above, becuase it's all for the benefit of safety, children & children safety.

Last edited:
Yes I agree obviously if you are on a nice straight highway then it's fine, the problem is the stupid government think the people are stupid and going to do it on winding country roads and the like. They have what has been dubbed "health and safety" culture where legislation out rules common sense.

Is that your defence when you get stopped by the police!!!

The truth of the matter is that while your talking on a mobile phone you are NOT in TOTAL control. These people that say it's fine are talking rubbish, you might as well as drive about with no seatbelt pissed to high heaven as it amounts to the same thing. If you want to risk your life that fine with me, just don't risk everybody elses while your at it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355502&in_page_id=1770

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/01/ntext101.xml

Your are overreacting. It is all to do with balance and assessing the level of risk. I don't have a mobile phone, they are just gimmicks that kids like because they think they are "cool". I use a public call box. If you are on a long straight freeway then you don't need two hands to hold the wheel still.

I am totally against anyone holding a phone whilst driving, so JC's behaviour is inexcusable. I bet the only reason why this made it on the fornt cover though, is due to the fact that JC and Piers Morgan hate each other- in which case I would say that we now have a 1-1.
Remember JC punching Piers Morgan - 1-0!

Why is this news? Jeremey has admitted on many occasions that he feels (competent) people should be allowed to multitask while driving. He's always said he should be allowed to take a call, or eat, or fiddle with the knobs on the cd player else swerve off the road due to boredom.

I am totally against anyone holding a phone whilst driving, so JC's behaviour is inexcusable. I bet the only reason why this made it on the fornt cover though, is due to the fact that JC and Piers Morgan hate each other- in which case I would say that we now have a 1-1.
Remember JC punching Piers Morgan - 1-0!

Piers Morgan has not been the editor for the Mirror for many years.

SWEET DANCING MARY MOTHER OF GOD

Hold the papers we have a photo of Hammond chewing gum and walking.

Whats next May reading and smoking this has gone too far we need control.

You registered for this forum just so you could call somebody a dickhead? I admire the obscene amounts of free time you must have to make such a feat possible.

Now fuck off and go do something productive, like shagging inanimate objects anything not involving this forum.

Just so you know, last year I was hit head on by some stupid bitch texting as she came around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road. I'm sure up until the point that we went glancing off each other (luckily it wasn't full head on or I wouldn't be typing this now) she also would have said "i'm capable of doing it without it imparing my driving at all." I'm extremely glad to report that she lost most of her front teeth in the accident.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I had my one year old in the back at the time...

Last edited:
I don't have a mobile phone, they are just gimmicks that kids like because they think they are "cool". I use a public call box.

ITSH DOCTA WHO! You've made some weird posts but this takes the biscuit.

As for Clarkson, well, he was wrong, but at least he wasn't in town or on country lanes.

For a second there, because of the thread title, I thought somebody had seen... those, uh... things I did... in my car, on the weekend.

Anyway, I didn't know Clarkson owned a 600! The 600 is my favouriteist car in the whole wide world! I'm sure none of you knew it's my favourite car because I've only mentioned it a million, billion times.

Funny colour that green. I've never seen one in that colour before... I'm not sure I like it.

I used to own a Saab in that colour but I suppose that's neither here nor there...

A lethal weapon is a machine gun or rocket launcher, that is a lethal weapon:rolleyes:, you would have to try very hard to kill someone with a car on purpose.
553px-Lol_que.jpg

Ever been in a hospital? Internal bleeding and damaged organs can cause death.

The truth of the matter is that while your talking on a mobile phone you are NOT in TOTAL control.

Speak for yourself, My daily driver is an automatic, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the phone, foot on the pedals. Something wrong with that equation? Or do you actually drive everywhere bolt upright wearing bright colors and using arm signals for the exact time specified in your beloved highway code? Do you read the road regulations at night and touch yourself? Hmm?

Go on and blindly follow what the government tells you to do, but no lawmaker in some capital is going to tell me what i'm capable of doing in my car. Be a good little nazi and follow your leader, believe the ridiculous notion that holding a 2 ounce piece of plastic means that you lose all ability to turn a wheel and pay attention to your surroundings. Simpleton! Fascist!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I had my one year old in the back at the time...

Ah, the old "I'm a parent so my opinion matters" argument. Sorry, but the ability to participate in unprotected intercourse does not mean you're an expert on road safety. Or schooling, or nutrition, or theology, or entertainment, or government...

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, My daily driver is an automatic, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the phone, foot on the pedals. Something wrong with that equation? Or do you actually drive everywhere bolt upright wearing bright colors and using arm signals for the exact time specified in your beloved highway code? Do you read the road regulations at night and touch yourself? Hmm?

Go on and blindly follow what the government tells you to do, but no lawmaker in some capital is going to tell me what i'm capable of doing in my car. Be a good little nazi and follow your leader, believe the ridiculous notion that holding a 2 ounce piece of plastic means that you lose all ability to turn a wheel and pay attention to your surroundings. Simpleton! Fascist!

Ah, the old "I'm a parent so my opinion matters" argument. Sorry love, but the ability to participate in unprotected intercourse does not mean you're an expert on road safety.

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you that just because you think you're big and clever doesn't make you so. Fact is, if you're on the phone you're not concentrating on the road. Nothing to do with follow the leader mentality, being a nazi or any other name calling you're using because you can't muster an intelligent argument, just simple fact. And as for "... no lawmaker in some capital is going to tell me what i'm capable of doing in my car." The kind of comment usually made by the less capable.

Any by the way, no, I don't think my opinion matters because I'm a parent (it was just a less than insignificant detail that I'd forgotten), but at least it's not founded on macho posturing.