Clarkson: Berlusconi does a "Clarkson".

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I know it's not strictly (are we allowed to use that word on here any more?) TG related but I saw this and immediately thought of the current furore over Jeremy's "prostitute" gag. If nothing else it puts Jezza's comments into perspective a little more.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081107/twl-i-like-your-tan-pm-s-obama-gaffe-3fd0ae9.html

"The Italian Prime Minister has been blasted for his blundering welcome of the US president-elect after he praised Barack Obama's "suntan". Silvio Berlusconi made the comment at a joint press conference with Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev.

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is handsome, young and suntanned," he said.

Italy's left-wing opposition parties have demanded Mr Berlusconi apologise for the gaffe - which they say is at worst racist and at best a diplomatic blunder.

"Berlusconi cannot control himself in the best of circumstances," said Dario Franceschini of Italy's centre-left opposition Democratic Party.

"He forgets that his words hurt our country's image in the world."

But the Italian leader, who himself sports a suntan, hit back at his critics - accusing them of not having a sense of humour.

"God save us from the imbeciles," he said.

The 72-year-old media mogul is no stranger to putting his foot in it.

While campaigning for elections in 2006, he famously said that Chinese people "boiled babies for fertiliser" during the Mao Zedong era.

At his first meeting with Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen in 2002, Mr Berlusconi said: "Rasmussen is not only a great colleague, he's also the best-looking prime minister in Europe.

"He's so good looking, I'm even thinking of introducing him to my wife."

Let's face it guys, if this guy can run Italy it's surely another argument for Jeremy for PM?????:lol:

It's a mystery how that guy got elected.

Money = power.

Berlusconi is classic, he's provided me with plenty of fodder for reports in my Italian business subjects.

Let's face it guys, if this guy can run Italy it's surely another argument for Jeremy for PM?????:lol:
How to not run a country, Chapter 1 - Italy

With all due respect to our Italian visitors ... and as funny or charming Silvio might be from time to time ... when it comes down to having someone who really can run a country or doing it the italian way ... I?d go with mr or mrs boring.
It's a mystery how that guy got elected.
Italy is full with guys that are like him or want to be like him, and women who love guys like him ... they are all crazy down there (that?s why we love them so). :)

I just found some more Berlusconi lulz:

He sparked a minor diplomatic incident in 2005 by suggesting he had wooed Finnish President Tarja Halonen to ensure her backing for Italy to host the European Food Safety Authority.

"I had to use all my playboy tactics, even if they have not been used for some time," he said, prompting Helsinki to call in the Italian ambassador to explain the comments.

:lmao:

The world needs more PMs like him.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3k9pMtrccQ[/YOUTUBE]

:p

How to not run a country, Chapter 1 - Italy

With all due respect to our Italian visitors ... and as funny or charming Silvio might be from time to time ... when it comes down to having someone who really can run a country or doing it the italian way ... I?d go with mr or mrs boring.

In all honesty Bush is boring as fuck and everybody hates him, hes only funny when he does something stupid. DO NOT vote for Mr. Boring. All boring means is that your mind is so clouded or empty that nothing is actually going through it.

"God save us from the imbeciles," he said.

We need more people like this in power here.

The scary thing is that sometimes i can't even remember what Kerry looks like, and i watched the hell out of the news coverage when he was running for president.

Is it just me or does Gores mouth always look like its about to have a dick jammed through it?

On a slightly different note I wonder who they'll get to play Barack Obama in the movie......?

Possibly......

MV5BMTU0NzY0MTY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY3MDEwMg@@._V1._SX300_SY400_.jpg

Or is that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Berlusconis policys are a bit off but I completely agree with him, save us from the PC imbeciles.