Bernie proves he's mad

Thanks for the agreement, much appreciated.
Since when did sensitivity become the be all and end all of human communication?
The facts, undiluted and 'un-spun', as it were, tend to get the point across much more effectively and, as a bonus, is usually listened to and acted on by people of proper character, unsullied by the nanny-state and it's preoccupation with appearance and inoffensiveness-at-all-cost.
Saying, as Ecclestone did, that Hitler "got things done" is not an incorrect statement, interpreting the same statement as condoning Hitler's war-time actions says more about the 'interpreter' than it does about Ecclestone.
Same again about his comments regarding Senna's death...
I'm sorry if I'm rambling on but this seeming need to read into comments the most offensive possible underlying meaning is getting to me.
One can but hope the pram will soon be empty of toys and the children forced to grow up to be a bit more adult-like.
Rant over.

Everyone here who has a job (and thus something to loose) and thinks that it was okay for Bernie to say this should ask him-/herself the following:

Would you tell your boss/co-workers/customers every thought that crosses your mind when you see them, given the content of said thought is factual?

He's right.

He's what 79-80 ? He can say whatever he wants. It's funny how people who are always encouraging (or even demanding) to be spoken the truth to get mad whenever the truth they asked for turns out to be unpleasant, then again five minutes later get mad again upon hearing some usual generic political nonsense and so they start pushing for the truth again...

Last edited:
I saw this about 3 days ago and didn't even think it's important enough to post here...It's Bernie...he says whatever he wants and being the idiot that he is it's not really important anymore.

It's funny how people who are always encouraging (or even demanding) to be spoken the truth to get mad whenever the truth they asked for turns out to be unpleasant, then again five minutes later get mad again upon hearing some usual generic political nonsense and so they start pushing for the truth again...
Crucial difference in there. Politicians know that the truth often in unpleasant, so they just babble along saying nothing or even blatantly lie. Bernie tells the truth, but he doesn't understand that it might be unpleasant for some to do so at times.

Would you tell your boss/co-workers/customers every thought that crosses your mind when you see them, given the content of said thought is factual?

Different situation, not quite the same comparison. Bernie isn't dealing with a customer here, nor his boss.

Bernie tells the truth, but he doesn't understand that it might be unpleasant for some to do so at times.

Of course he realises, he just decides to say it anyway. I respect him for it.

Different situation, not quite the same comparison. Bernie isn't dealing with a customer here, nor his boss.
You missed my point, which was that there are certain truths you just don't spell out in front of certain people.
Of course he realises, he just decides to say it anyway. I respect him for it.
That is to be proven.

Actually as the promoter/head of the most renowed motor sports series in the world, every word he says to the media is part of him dealing with his customers - us!

I've started to just ignore everything that Bernie says, because I know that its going to be ridiculous whatever it is. Makes life much simpler.