Autoblog: Bertone Project M: Prepare to be 9 years old again. (56K plays with dolls)

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
6mantide.jpg

For fans of Italian automotive design, it's been a deliciously torturous process to watch the slow, webisode-by-webisode reveal of Stile Bertone's highly anticipated Project M, but we've just about made it to the end. After revealing the car's underpinnings as those of the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and revealing its name ("I always thought M was a randomly assigned initial, I had no idea it stood for...") Mantide, the latest installment has just hit the intertubes to reveal the concept supercar in all its glory.

The finished Mantide cuts an intriguingly aggressive shape, and you can immediately identify that it's been styled by the same hand as the one responsible for various Ferraris of late. Follow the jump to watch the video for yourself, click on these thumbnails to see the first batch of official photos, and drop by our comments section below to share your thoughts.

4mantide.jpg

3mantide.jpg

[YOUTUBE]LSnbpdhpbJ0[/YOUTUBE]

boba-fett.jpg

Approves.

Also, the back end looks like it's getting a wedgie.

The back looks like a cross between the front of an Evo X and that one Danish supercar.

Now, you see, that looks fucking awesome.

That.....that's menacing. Usually people say, that some cars look pure evil, when you see them in your rearview mirror. This looks absolutely insane if you're behind it ! No way would you dare to be tailgating that.

That's absolutely fantastic, I really, really need this in my life. And ZR-1 underpinnings :drool:

That rear....it looks as if it is coming right at you, reallyreally REALLY nice !! The ass on this car....it's almost better than Jessica Alba's

Do want. Do want badly.

Last edited:
I think I can spot in there some design cues that also appear on the Citroen GT. But that's by no means a bad thing. And since it's got the ZR1 chassis and drivetrain, you can bet that, in the unlikely event that one passes by you on any kind of road, this thing will send chills at absolute zero* down your spine.

* In terms of temperature.

I think I can spot in there some design cues that also appear on the Citroen GT. But that's by no means a bad thing. And since it's got the ZR1 chassis and drivetrain, you can bet that, in the unlikely event that one passes by you on any kind of road, this thing will send chills at absolute zero* down your spine.

* In terms of temperature.

And how would a "chill" move at all at absolute zero? https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/04/20/i.gif

:w00t::w00t:
God that thing looks awesome.

Any high-res? Found myself a new background car.

Last edited:
You're free to look for high res, that's the only quality AutoBlog had.

Insane? Yes. Intimidating? Yes. Attractive? Erm, no. Would I want to be seen in it? Again, no.

Looks rather funky. Not exactly pretty though.

Overall, it's pretty ugly. There's a reason there aren't that many pictures of the front of this thing:

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/143/bertonemantide1.jpg