• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Best and worst Clarkson DVD?

Amanaman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
603
Location
Bristol, UK
Car(s)
2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 16v Stylance
What would you say is the best and worst Clarkson DVD? For me the best would either be Apocalypse Clarkson or Hot Metal, with both having good amounts of destruction and humour. The worst however is definitely Shootout, with its comments ripped straight from Top Gear and not one car gets destroyed, ruining the tradition.
 
haha...

I think all his DVD's get a tad dull after watching Top Gear to be honest...
The chemistry and the diversity of the different presenters blows sheer Clarksoness out of the water
 
I think it was only ever released on video, but the Motorworld series was excellent, particularly the Detroit film - scary place :shock:

I've only got the book now but if it was released on DVD that'd be quickly bought up for my collection
 
moo said:
I think it was only ever released on video, but the Motorworld series was excellent, particularly the Detroit film - scary place :shock:

I've only got the book now but if it was released on DVD that'd be quickly bought up for my collection

I'll be uploading them in here, later this week.
 
moo said:
I think it was only ever released on video, but the Motorworld series was excellent, particularly the Detroit film - scary place :shock:

I've only got the book now but if it was released on DVD that'd be quickly bought up for my collection

I agree, Motorworld and Meet the Neighbours were both amazingly well done.

All the car DVDs are pretty much the same to me.
 
Add me to the '"Motorworld" and "Meets the Neighbours" were great' camp. "Inventions that Changed the World" is also great. I learned a lot from all three of these series. What I've seen of the "Speed" series is good, too.

As for the videos, they're all similar, but a standout for me was the "Top 100" video, even if I didn't agree with a lot of his choices. As for worst, well, I don't think any of them are bad, really, but I did think "Motorsport Mayhem" was tiresome compared to most.
 
i enjoyed inventions that changed the world a lot as well, but 1 thing bothered me: everything in the world is invented by an englishman...
...and if it wasn't, the plans must have been stolen from an englishman :roll:
 
Motorworld and Shootout were great...I havnt really seen Inventions of the World because it didnt sound very automotive...
 
bone said:
1 thing bothered me: everything in the world is invented by an englishman...
...and if it wasn't, the plans must have been stolen from an englishman :roll:
It's so true! That's Jeremy for you; a Brit through and through. Accept no substitutes. :)

I notice you're from Belgium, so what did you think of the "Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours" segment on Belgium?

In it, Jeremy mentions that there was a survey conducted saying that 60% of Belgians wish they had been born somewhere else! Then he asks this of some people on the street and most agree. Then he shows us some of the local "sports." He really makes Belgium seem like a mind-numbingly boring place, but I think they were just going for crazy TV moments rather than showing us an overall view of the country. It's not really that bad, right?! :p
 
bone said:
i enjoyed inventions that changed the world a lot as well, but 1 thing bothered me: everything in the world is invented by an englishman...
...and if it wasn't, the plans must have been stolen from an englishman :roll:

Actually I think he claimed that the telephone and television were invented by Scotsmen.
 
Ripplin said:
I notice you're from Belgium, so what did you think of the "Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours" segment on Belgium?

In it, Jeremy mentions that there was a survey conducted saying that 60% of Belgians wish they had been born somewhere else! Then he asks this of some people on the street and most agree. Then he shows us some of the local "sports." He really makes Belgium seem like a mind-numbingly boring place, but I think they were just going for crazy TV moments rather than showing us an overall view of the country. It's not really that bad, right?! :p

I think it was really un-Belgian. Of course it's a couple of years ago, but I don't think most of the Belgians want to be born elsewhere. I mean, we have the 4th highest purchase power in the world, one of the best educational systems, an almost fool proof health care and social care system, and so on.

The one thing maybe is that we are a country of compromises. There are two language-groups (dutch and french) and we are always scared of giving an advantage to another group, so we discuss and discuss untill everybody's happy. That takes a long time.

As for those boring sports, that's just old people. I mean, Belgium is also the country of many many football teams to name something.

I think of Belgium as quite a 'normal' country. Of course, the Dutch in here will disagree with me and say Belgians are 'stupid'.
 
Ripplin said:
I notice you're from Belgium, so what did you think of the "Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours" segment on Belgium?

i think it was funny :lol:

and jensked is right in everything he's saying, besides politics, it isn't bad at all to live here

and for the sports, that's the same as in england you find the pole-throwing or dwarf-bowling. only a handfull of people play it, and it's just a heritage from past times (although the bird singing is still quite popular with old people)

but he could've said lots of better things, that's for sure
 
And I bet since Brussels is the EU headquarters, Belgium improved.
With so much money coming through the door...
 
jensked said:
Belgium is also the country of many many football teams
Yes, and also home of WRC driver Francois Duval, who lives in Chimay. That's pretty cool to me. :)

I hope he gets on a good team next year. He's not doing too well this season with Peugeot, but he was very impressive last year with Ford!
 
Top