Best Android apps

Confirmed by the developer, know issue in that version of Smooth Calendar, will probably be fixed in a future release.

In the meantime, removing/readding is the workaround.

I set it so when I tap it, it brings me 3 options: config, calendar and something else. 1 more tap, come on! :p

I set it so when I tap it, it brings me 3 options: config, calendar and something else. 1 more tap, come on! :p

I know, it wasn't something major, just a small annoyance.

But a new version is now available, and the fix is in :)

Another sweet app for those who play Forza Motorsport III, ForzaDroid.

It is a tuning calculator based on the calculator made by Feuerdog.

Just gave Opera Mini another try, I last used it when it was Beta. It's still buggy logging in to this site, still has display issues, I'm not sure how it will handle flash, and it still doesn't pinch zoom, but holy fuck, it's so much faster. I'll keep it but I might have to revert to the regular browser for some sites.

Sprint (American version) HTC Hero. Still running 1.5. Is the stock browser any better in 2.0+?

I think I've mentioned it before, but for me Opera was no faster than stock, so it only gave me the problems you mentioned. I've been using skyfire for about a week now and like it, but once 2.2 come out with flash support I won't need it any more and will likely go back to stock. Oh almost forgot, Nexus One on AT&T.

This isn't the best video of the browser, but it's the only one I could find that showcases all the new features. If you want performance tests, pocketnow has a lot of high quality videos on youtube.

Not bad. I hope It's as smooth on my Hero. I had to switch back to the standard browser just to view that video...

One thing that's weird, though, is if you click a youtube video in a website, it opens up in the flash player, on lowest quality, without giving you the ability to change, where as the youtube player has that. I don't think it's possible to force the youtube player to handle the youtube vids straight from the browser either...

Sprint (American version) HTC Hero. Still running 1.5. Is the stock browser any better in 2.0+?

Going from 1.5 Hero (europe version) to 2.1 rooted I would say its a little better. Not by much but a little :)

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying there's no tool to do it implemented in the browser.

EDIT: I could be wrong. Someone on IRC told me I should be asked what I want to do, like with any kind of file and I'm checking where I can set that.

Last edited:
EDIT: I could be wrong. Someone on IRC told me I should be asked what I want to do, like with any kind of file and I'm checking where I can set that.

To make sure it is that (basically that you have a default action set for youtube and set for no prompts), go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications.

Click Menu->Filter, set to Show All.

Click Browser and then click "Clear defaults" in the "Launch by default" section.

Checked that already. It's greyed out, there's no defaults set. :(