Best Android apps

New Firefox 4 beta for Android released

Mozilla just released a new beta for Firefox for Android, aimed at improving the browsers speed and performance. The list of changes are as follows:

• Now faster than stock Android browser
  • Nearly three times faster on Kraken JavaScript benchmark tests
  • Twice as fast on SunSpider JavaScript benchmark tests
  • Reduced installation memory usage
  • Stability improvements
  • Fixed keyboard bugs
  • Improved zooming readability
It's definitely a work in progress, but we're getting closer and closer to the final product. Hit the break for a video of some of the beta's highlighted features.

Let?s give it it a try.
Using Miren at the moment. :p

Not that swish... When you type in the combined search/address bar, you don't have a space button, zooming is still pixelated (refreshes when you let go), no true mobile google and seemed slower for me. It's getting there, though. A LOT better than previous incarnations.

Not that swish... When you type in the combined search/address bar, you don't have a space button, zooming is still pixelated (refreshes when you let go), no true mobile google and seemed slower for me. It's getting there, though. A LOT better than previous incarnations.

That first thing happens to Dolphin, annoying but seemingly unique to the HTC keyboard.... (go to the numbers area to find space).

I used all the browsers from stock to firefox mobile to miren (MIUI) to dolphin hd.

The best I think for me is Dolphin mini. It is light weight (so startup is fast) and is not bloated (like the Dolphin HD)

I find I'm still using the default browser on my Desire. I've tried many others but I still like the stock one....

I find I'm still using the default browser on my Desire. I've tried many others but I still like the stock one....

This, it really isn't too bad, gets the job done pretty nicely.

Getting an alternate browser on Android isn't as necessary as say pre 6.1 Windows Mobile XD There, it was Opera or bust!

Xscope all the way.

I just got Flicka. It's the best flickr app I've used so far. Far better than HTC's Gallery's integrated viewer (which deletes cached photos far too often and there's no setting to increase it), or its mobile site.

Look it up in the market (99 cents) or your local google.

Pulse news reader just got an update. New features:

• update notifications (optional)
  • night mode (on, off, automatic)
  • fix for embedded flash videos for HTC phones
  • hiding of read articles (optional)
  • :cool:
Angry Birds also got an update, which requires reading and sending sms's, but nothing about it is mentioned in the description. Uninstalled, waiting for confirmation from people more knowledgable. Thanks, D-Fence.

Is it just me or does samsung really make mediocre ROMS (such as my galaxy S stock ROM)? Because people with free time (such as the makers of darky and cyanogen ROMS) can make way better ROMS with faster performance, better battery life and (subjectively) more user friendly! And keep in mind they do this for FUN!

Do other android makers such as HTC, LG and Motorola produce crappy ROMS as well? I wouldn't know because i havent owned any of them. Just my SGS which now runs on a custom ROM.

Feedbacks from android users would be much appreciated. thanks :)

I think HTC does a lot better. I'm rooted and have tried many other roms, but I still find myself returning to the stock rom. :S

I think HTC does a lot better. I'm rooted and have tried many other roms, but I still find myself returning to the stock rom. :S

are you using a Galaxy S as well? oops i posted in the wrong thread. reply in the android thread. I mistook this thread as the android thread. sorry.

Proper thread now:
What does pidgin do that imo.im can't?

For once, Pidgin can be turned OFF.<_<

That damn app can?t be killed and if I reboot the phone, it comes up on his own, WTF?

Eh? That doesn't happen to me. Did you sign out of all your accounts before exiting?

Of course!
It's like a damn zombie.

OT

for the android futurama fans

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/02/10/1294092402_top_zoidberd.jpg

on sale at teefury today :D

Slovenia is on the shipping list :p