• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Best Car Countries

Ultra_Kool_Dude

AWESOME!!!111ONE
Car(s)
POWERR!!!
Rank your favorite countries by the cars they make:

1 - Italy - because of their crazy supercars
2 - Germany - well built and solid
3 - Japan - reliable, very good cost for what you get
4 - Britain - only little sporty car companies now (McLaren, Ariel, Morgan, Radical)
5 - Sweden - Volvo is alright
6 - France - pretty safe
7 - Australia - Holden is kinda cool
8 - USA - mostly garbage
9 - Pac. Rimmers - pure crap
10 - Russia - suitable only for crash testing

You put France above America?! You must be out of your mind. When's the last time a French car (non-Formula) beat a Ferrari around the track?

My list:

1. Germany (perfection)
2. Italy (automotive art)
3. Britain (just for Lotus)

The rest are just "there," aside from the Pacific Rim companies, which are dead last. I didn't even know Russia still made cars.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Dr. Woo said:
You put France above America?! You must be out of your mind.

When I think of American cars I think of SUVs and fat wagons. It's highly subjective I know. :lol:
And when I think of French cars, I think of boring people-movers with interior quality on par with origami sculptures.

i dont know why people single out russia for "bad cars". for what you get for the money you really cant go wrong, unless you want a dirt cheap sports car (which never exists anyway).
besides many countries make these cheap "bad" cars like mexico, brazil, romania, the infamous Yugo aka Zastava, which is still made and the old ones do run well, Iran, Pakistan, Ukraine, the list just goes on and on.

i mean seriously who thinks a lada or yugo will be good on a drag strip or track compared to...well almost anything.

btw: TVR is technically russian owned.

i would put South Africa on the list, because they make the coolest cars like the Noble, the insane v12 XJ220 and XJR13 replicas, and a ton of other real kit cars (not rebody type).

1. Germany
2. Italy
3. Japan (bang for your buck, STi and EVO)
4. Australia
5. Sweden

middle ground: USA (fat and ugly, but usually big engines)

arse end: Pacific Rim

Re: Best Car Countries

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

4 - Britain - only little sporty car companies now (McLaren, Ariel, Morgan, Radical)
6 - France - pretty safe
8 - USA - mostly garbage

10 - Russia - suitable only for crash testing????
Not even that, unless you want to make a coffin out of it. I'd be sorry for the poor dummies who'd be in them :?

Dr. Woo said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Dr. Woo said:

When I think of American cars I think of SUVs and fat wagons. It's highly subjective I know. :lol:
And when I think of French cars, I think of boring people-movers with interior quality on par with origami sculptures.

They have a bit of design flair.

AutoMX said:
i would put South Africa on the list, because they make the coolest cars like the Noble, the insane v12 XJ220 and XJR13 replicas, and a ton of other real kit cars (not rebody type).

AutoMX... bear in mind that South-Africa just makes the body of these cars as far as I know... the noble's body is made in africa, engine is made by ford and the chassis not very sure

the chassis is made in england, thats where the company is actually based so I wouldn't call it a south african car

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

6 - France - pretty safe
8 - USA - mostly garbage

Holden is as australian as Aston martin or TVR are British tbh. Though Jag are more american now cause ford are actually moving all the production over there.

i wouldnt call german cars well built and solid anymore. at least not the ones they sell outside germany. ok, you can get fancy stuff in an S class or A8, but thats ridiculously overpriced. middle class german cars are falling apart the same way all the other middle class cars do (except for japanese, but even if those fail u get 3-5 years of warranty and its 1/3of the price of german ones).

this is quite a vague question though, ranking the best car countries. the bimmer you buy in germany is not the same as the bimmer you buy in usa or in eastern europe. prices differ, standards differ, equipment is not the same, etc etc etc.

ps: my number 1 would be japan though, reliability, affordable, bunch of performance upgrades available, and design (but thats subjective anyway)

Personally I rate America pretty low, I dont like american cars, but there are cars like the Saleen S7 and Panoz Esperante which are good sport cars.

For me its

1. Germany
2. Italy
3. UK - tied with japan, Id like an elise but thats it
4. Japan

I respect cars from Italy, UK & Japan, but I dont think Id ever own one with such strong cars from germany. Id take the Carrera GT over the Enzo, and Id take a Porsche turbo over anything from ferrari. Now if could have like 6 cars, then Id get a F430 or 575.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Dr. Woo said:

pdanev said:
ps: my number 1 would be japan though, reliability, affordable, bunch of performance upgrades available, and design (but thats subjective anyway)

I probably would, but the first cars I would buy are german. And I don't like some of the upgrades you guys like. So,

1- Germany
2- Japan
2- Italy
4- Britain
5- USA
6- Australia
7- France
8- rest

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

6 - France - pretty safe
8 - USA - mostly garbage

I would love to answer to that post, but that hideous chick in your sig (I hope its not your Mom or something) is really disturbing :)

Buba

Buba said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

6 - France - pretty safe
8 - USA - mostly garbage

I would love to answer to that post, but that hideous chick in your sig (I hope its not your Mom or something) is really disturbing :)

Buba

You should see the naked pictures. :shock: :lol:

AutoMX said:
i dont know why people single out russia for "bad cars". for what you get for the money you really cant go wrong

Putting aside the fact that Ladas are horrid to drive there is one thing for them... I know a lot of people who live north of the arctic circle and they drive Ladas simply because they are the only cars you can trust to start up every time when the temperature goes below -30 (celcius, fahrenheit people can do the math themselves).

My top list...

Italy (might not be technically best, but they have character)
UK (Well the same as above really)
German (Engineering excellence and all that)
Japan (value)

^ yep, not everything from russia is bad.

lada niva is one of the best offroaders, and kamaz isnt doing that bad in dakar either ;)

would say:

1st: Germany ( Porsche, BMW, Audi, MB nothing more to add)
2nd: Italy (Ferrari, lambo lancia and alfa are/or was very fast)
3rd: France (in spite of what everybody is thinking, I found the french sport hatchs very cool ( 205 GTI, clio 16s or williams, .... )
4th: Great Britain ( Only because of Mc Laren, TVR isn't my dream car)
5th: Sweden ( unbreakable and have a lot of space in touring version ( V version in fact, isn't it ?)
6th: American ( only for the kick ass Viper but I wouldn't buy one of those...)

:)

i think:

1) Germany - Built well, lots of HP with little displacement and no boost
2) Italy - They know speed and style
3) Japan - Light, powerful, cheap, and last forever
4) USA - Electronics never work but they got more HP than God