Best car under $100k

This thread is different in that it does not imply you magically get the car you want.

I must have missed a smiley, that was a sarcastic post :p If Ford ever makes that 300+hp AWD Focus, it will (IMO) be one of the best cars under 100k. Especially if it sells in the US.

Thats the Focus ST. Readily available at Ford dealers everywhere, although I don't know if they sell them in the US.

Hard thread as 100k gets you different things in every market. I would probably go an FPV F6 Typhoon for about $60,000 although the new HSV's are great cars. Maybe a 350Z at about $67,000.

Do we really need another thread like this? :blink:

Because I'm starting to run out of pictures of The Mercedes-Benz 600!

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/22/image035.jpg

With that sort of money, I would go with the Type 300. Rather than the 600. Technically probably less brilliant, but I wouldn't have to spend 100,000 on repairs :p

800px-Mercedes-Benz_300S_Roadster_1953.jpg

Call me crazy, but if I had 100k to spare I would buy a Lamborghini Countach:)
...and hopefully I will be abel to save 5k to buy something cheap and reliable for when the Lambo doesn't work.

08rs6avant_hir002-thumb.jpg

And Ill still have enough money to chip it, put a cat less exhaust and be looking at nearly 700hp! Got to <3 Turbo's on a v10 all in a practical wolf in sheeps clothing camo.

With that sort of money, I would go with the Type 300. Rather than the 600. Technically probably less brilliant, but I wouldn't have to spend 100,000 on repairs :p
It's known by 600 owners as maintenance - not repairs.:D

Just like how Bentley's and Rolls Royce's 'Fail To Proceed' when in truth they've actually just 'Broken Down'.:lol:

Poorly made, unreliable cars need constant repairs - A Mercedes-Benz merely needs maintenance. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of maintenance.

Obviously these prices are American sifu...

I'd take the m5, which is cheap in the US (comparitively anyway, it's over AU$250,000 here = US$232,000 and our taxes aren't that high... price gouging ftl)

Australia currently has a import duty of 10% on automobiles, a 10% GST (VAT), plus a luxury tax, etc. At least 25% of your quoted Australian price is tax. It's not that high.

I wouldnt trust that site in a second.

Everything i read on their is so far fetched.

Go to a credibal source like Motor Trend or Car and Driver if you want a good review.

What is far fetched about that site? C/D and Motor Trend said more or less the same thing about the new Focus.

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR.